Christmas in August

>> Saturday, August 1, 2009

So we finished July and I didn't finish my shawl. I'll be honest....I never even started my shawl. Never fear there is a freebie month thrown in and I can finish it then, you'll see why when we get to it. Anyway let's move on to August shall we? For August it is all about Christmas knitting. In The Almanac Ms. Zimmerman is knitting things to do with Christmas. I think this month should be things for Christmas like stockings and such and also maybe some presents that you might want to make for someone else. Wouldn't it be nice to have those Christmas knits all done before the holiday season really gets underway? For presents usually it is something small like mitts and hats. Here is my May post with some mitt pattern links. Here is June with some hat pattern links. Now here are some more links for fun Christmas knits.

Celestine tree topper. Silent Night tree skirt. Lattice stocking. These adorable trio of snowmen. Another stocking. This oven mitt and potholder pattern could be knit in red, white, and green to give as a gift or to spruce up your own holiday kitchen. A holiday caplette for a small child. Holiday napkin rings. A globe ornament. A snowflake ornament. A pointsettia ornament. How about a knitted Father Christmas. I made this advent calendar last year. And last but not least if you are completely stuck for inspiration and don't mind spending a few dollars I highly recommend this book.

If you are stuck for time a tree ornament is always nice. My mother has always tied an ornament for each of us on one present every year. One of those little ornaments won't take much time or even yarn and they can add so much to a gift!

11 comments:

Pom Pom August 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

I love the Knitter's Almanac. I read it over and over again. I've never actually made anything it features, though! I like Elizabeth's quips.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: August 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Love the napkin rings and that's a nice yarn (Fresco) ~ I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm up North this Fall at the LYS that carries that yarn. Looking forward to seeing what you choose to make!

Renee August 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose to make too. :)
There's been some talk and debate about what to make and for whom around here the past few days. Fall and Christmas seem to be on everyone's mind since summer just doesn't seem to be kicking in weather wise. lol

Jessica August 2, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

My mind has been stirring with Christmas ideas....the almanac is on my list this year!

katie lore August 2, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

I just finally got the Knitter's Almanac, but haven't knit from it yet.

I love the Christmas tree skirt that you posted the link to. I've been looking for a pattern to knit, and I think that's the one. Thanks for posting it!

Thea August 3, 2009 at 2:34 AM  

you are so prepared! I can't even think about Christmas yet... am still waiting for a proper summer to begin :-) From your pics, it looks like you're having a lovely one at the beach....

Seona August 3, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

You are so organised, hopefully these links will inspire me not to wait till November as usual! Lookingforward to seeing what you make too.

Kristyn Knits August 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I'm with you, girl.
the advent is finished and in the numbering stage. three knitted gifts complete and two still to knit. thanks for the inspiration to continue on!

Mary August 4, 2009 at 4:35 AM  

Great links to gift ideas!

Chris August 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

I didn't get a shawl done either, though I did get so far as to pick a pattern and yarn....oh well! You're right - we should be thinking of Christmas. I never do until about mid-November and it does me in every year!

MadMad August 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

Oh, that is one of my favorite books, too! So many cool, cool patterns. Love the ornament links, too! What a great idea to start now!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP