Scarf for a friend...

>> Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I recently picked up this book,




Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick, I have her book Weekend Entertaining book and love it so I thought with the holidays fast approaching maybe I should pick it up now and get a leg up. It is full of great patterns that I really want to make. I decided the first cast-on should be the ribbon scarf.



I used my leftover yarn from my clutch just to see how it knit up and I think it knit up really well.



.



I have a friend with a birthday in September and I think she will really like this. I will probably head out and get some red sparkly yarn for her. She is super girly and loves sparkles and ruffles so I think it is the perfect gift for her.









If you think you want to make some things for the holidays, either as presents or just for yourself than I really recommend this book. The projects I have queued up are knitted ornaments: I love the stocking patterns: the wire votive candle holders: nutcracker slippers: log cabin socks (for him and her): santa hat: sparkly kiss cap: the ski kerchief

Well you get the picture the list goes on and on. Over 50 patterns (yes I counted) for Christmas.....lots of fun.

6 comments:

Philigry August 14, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

love that scarf! love it!

katie lore August 15, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

I have that book too...it's great...there are so many patterns I want to knit from it.

Your scarf is so pretty, I'm sure your friend will love it!

Mary August 17, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

That scarf is so cute. Nice job!

Annie August 17, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

Isn't that a great book! Love the scarf! It's beautiful.

Kathy... August 18, 2008 at 4:54 AM  

What a great gift idea for your friend. Red and glitzy would be pretty, but I like the one from you left over yarn also!

Thanks for the book review too...always good to know. SO many books out there, sometimes it's hard to choose.

Knitterella August 19, 2008 at 4:09 AM  

That scarf is great! Love the ruffles. The book sounds great - I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. I would love to get a jump on Christmas knitting too!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP