A Perfect Day

>> Saturday, August 9, 2008

The other day I took my kids to the beach....it was the perfect day.


The kind of day that opens like a beautiful present you weren't expecting. I packed my kids and went to Lake Tahoe for the day to play and it couldn't have gone better. We missed a morning nap (my kids for some strange reason don't sleep in the car so a missed nap is just missed). The weather was fantastic, just enough cloud cover to keep the beach from getting too hot.


A bucket of water and some rocks were enough to keep this one happy until we went home.



Some sand castle construction went on. Good friends and good food all on the beach. On the way home we stopped and got slurpees, they kept us all cool for the drive.

Ahhhhh, summer......

And in knitting news,



I knit this little giraffe for my daughters birthday. When asked she informed me that giraffes are her favorite animal so I decided to make her one as a surprise for her birthday.






You can find the pattern here in case anyone else knows someone with an affinity for giraffes. It has been really quick knitting so far, I used Lion's Brand wool-ease yarn and size 6 knitting needles.






Here is an apple with him to give you an idea of how small he is....not a great looking apple but I'm in a rush :). We are headed off to the lake for a night of camping so I need to sign off. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

Kathy... August 11, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Wonderful memories are made...exactly so!

Love the little giraffe btw. So cute!

Philigry August 11, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

oh my lord! i love, love that! So sweet!

a friend to knit with August 11, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

oh my. that giraffe is so adorable!

Knitterella August 12, 2008 at 4:53 AM  

A drive to Lake Tahoe for the day - sounds awesome! So does camping by the lake, have a great time!

That giraffe is adorable!!! Thanks for the link!

sweetp August 18, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Love the giraffe! and oh so jealous of your beach worthy weather.

Mimosa August 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

This giraffe is so cute !

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP