June EZ Knit-a-long

>> Wednesday, June 3, 2009

For June Elizabeth Zimmerman recommends hats. Another small knit that is quite portable. It will fit into a small bag and can be taken on the airplane and worked on, car trips, or if you go to a lot of baseball games (as I do), this fits nicely into my carryall bag I tote to each game.

The unfortunate part of this? I don't wear hats. They don't look good on me and I usually find them itchy, not to mention that I suffer serious bouts of hat hair when I take them off. I will be knitting a few kid hats this month as gifts to give away this fall and maybe a beret for my mother. She is allergic to wool so I will have to find a suitable alternative. But what about me? :) I need a selfish knit too.....I still have my hedgerow coat, the back is finished and I am working on one side but I need a hat. Until I find one for myself I'll just work on the kids and I put a few links below in case anyone else needed a jump start. Happy Knitting.


Here are some free patterns that are another great way to stash bust and if your stash is low you won't have to break the bank if you need to buy some yarn.



Cross country chullo for adults, for the little Daniel Boone in your life an animal friendly coonskin cap, a fun Halloween inspired balaclava, a delicate lace beanie, an english driving cap, topi if you want a brim on your hat, the duchess starfish hat, the princess beret, a daisy hat for little girls, a slouchy hat for her, summery floppy brimmed hat, cables and bobbles baby hat, we call them pirates hat, and on the left sidebar I have a pattern for a small child's hat. All of these patterns are free and available outside Ravelry for any of you who aren't members (although I highly recommend becoming one ASAP) :)




Perhaps you don't like wearing hats but want to keep your ears warm...why not try Calorimetry a head band of sorts, I think I might make one for myself.

5 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Hats! I love hats. I can't imagine you don't look good in hats. You haven't given it a good chance. I think a style such as Odessa in a nice color would suit you.

Jessica June 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

I've been eying the calormetry and odessa for a while...June really is the perfect hat knitting month. I am knitting my first sweater and having difficulty with the wrap and turn...any suggestions?

Chris June 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

I had a feeling it would be hats! Hmmmm....I have a few planned so I will have to dig them out and decide. And try to resist buying new yarn and use stash instead.

Thea June 3, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

I like that slouchy hat... but I'm still in a mitty phase. One more pair on the needles and another to go.


Am thinking maybe you just haven't found the RIGHT hat yet. I have crazy hair and use the hat to HIDE it. awesome.

Kristyn Knits June 4, 2009 at 4:30 AM  

I'm not much of a hat wearer either- although I do wear baseball caps! I'm loving your recommendation for Calorimetry! That would be great for hat head on purpose days! hope you find the right hat for you!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP