Memorial Weekend

>> Friday, May 22, 2009

I am heading out to the high desert this weekend to go land sailing. It is exactly how it sounds, we essentially are sailing (with wheels on land) across the desert. A lot of planning and preparation to go to the middle of nowhere with two small kids and camp (thank god for travel trailers).
My 'big' project right now in between mitts and such is The Hedgerow Coat by Interweave Knits.
I have found out that I like having one big project, like a sweater, and one small project, this month it's mitts, going at the same time. I think it is because I love the process of knitting but I also like the accomplishment of finishing things. My days can be crazy between my paycheck job and the kids and sometimes I feel like I'm torn in so many directions and so having a finished knit gives me a sense that at least I finished something :)
I have four pairs of mitts to share when I get back and hopefully this weekend I'll finish more. I hope you all have fun this holiday weekend and I'll check in when I get back!
Check out some more mitts-Gigi's lovely fetching.

11 comments:

stitching under oaks May 23, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

Have a wonderful time sand sailing...so cool! When you say you like to have a big project on hand, you're not kidding. That coat is gorgeous! Happy Memorial day!

Mary May 23, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Have a wonderful time, sounds like fun! Happy weekend!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: May 23, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Have a wonderful time camping! Land sailing sounds so much fun I'm sure the kids must love it :)

That's an awesome sweater you are working on ~ makes me want to drag out my Cabled Riding Jacket and plug away some :)))

Ally Jay May 24, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

Have a great trip, my next project is going to bee fingerless gloves

Anna May 24, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

Wow - land sailing sounds like an awesome thing to do! Have fun!

Woolly Stuff May 25, 2009 at 4:29 AM  

lovely color you've chosen! land sailing - you are brave! I'd be too scared, I know.

Two Cables and a Frapp May 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I too loved this pattern when I first saw it. I may just start it one day. Love your yarn/color choice !!!

Jackie May 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

It sounds interesting...sailing on sand !!How many days are guys planning 4 e holiday ? Looking forward to see the scenery of your campsite.

The coat is a "big" project indeed !! Boy, i'm sure you'll have plenty of time on the road knitting.

Jessica May 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

I'm embarking on my first "big" knitting project this week...a sweater! Hopefully it will come along nicely..your project is truly lovely!!

Kristyn Knits May 26, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

land sailing? sounds like such fun!!
I'm with you...I'm in the mood for finishing. looking forward to watching your coat progress.

knithound brooklyn July 7, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Hi, I love that pattern and have thought of knitting it often. What yarn are you using, I love the color!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP