Kid Mitts

>> Monday, June 1, 2009

I am a day late on posting the last of my mitt wips. I am going to blame the company I had over the weekend and my son's second birthday party. It was your typical crazy toddler birthday party complete with food, drinks, tears, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, tears, a cookie monster pinata, tears, and then clean up. I helped him gather candy from the pinata.


Here are my kids mitts I finished up at the end of the month. I used this fantastic pattern (it is for all sizes). I scrounged up scrap yarn and cast on, two pairs for each child. They fit great and are very warm. If you want to make your own I highly recommend this little basic pattern and then add/change as you want.

Check out Thea's mitts more of her mitts here, they are beautiful! Chris has also been busy, check out here mitten. I hope I didn't miss any of your mitts from May, if I did drop me a comment and I'll post a link! Wednesday I'll have the June knit-a-long stuff.

7 comments:

The Wooly Wumpus June 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

Not much beats a 2 y.o.'s birthday party! And you know how I feel about your children's profiles - angelic! Love the mitts!

Thea June 1, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

hey thanks for the shout out -- I love the pink mitts you did! Glad the party was a success, aren't pinatas great???

Chris June 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

When you said you were making mitts in May you were serious! You're a mitt machine! No hands will go cold in your house. That's a great simple pattern and yours are lovely.

Alisha June 2, 2009 at 6:17 AM  

Ah how sweet it is to be two!

Pinatas are the best. We haven't done one in forever. I made a few back when I had more energy. A real great Madeline one, pikachu and a fish one year.

Awesome mitts. I had more pairs too do but it looks like they will be June mitts.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 2, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

That's sooooo funny and so sweet. Tears interspersed with joy. What a metaphor for life. The party looks such fun!

Wonderful kid mitts ~ and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for the June KAL :)

stitching under oaks June 2, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

where did May go? I didn't even get one mitt started. Oh well, I was inspired by all that you got done. I'll see what you post as June's knit along...maybe I can jump in on that! Happy Birthday to you little man! 2 is a very big deal!

Jackie June 2, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

Happy Belated Birthday, Hugs !

They sure had fun and looks at those elmo goodies bags, any left for me ?

wow, so many mitts, cool.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP