More Mitts

>> Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not quite the end of the May mitts but almost. I have two more mitts to share with you. First up are the Axel Mitts. Knit up for myself with Knit Picks Cadena in Leaf. Another mitt for myself.....I have been doing a lot of selfish mitts and between you and me I kind of like it. My hat/mitt basket in my closet will be very stocked come fall. In the picture is one of many baby peaches on my peach tree. Finally this year I think we are going to have a lot of fruit.


I really liked this mitt because you can wear them long when it is really cold (as it was at night land sailing and I needed something to protect my hand from the chill of my cocktail).



Or you can fold the top down and they can be a bit more traditional fingerless mitt. I wore these most of the weekend because I could move the top up or down as desired. Up for drinks, down when assembling s'mores.

I also knit a pair of Dashing for my husband. I omitted the cable at the wrist and just knit them all the way up with the ribbing. I think it is a good basic fingerless knit pattern, especially for the menfolk. Gabes made some gorgeous Bella's Mittens that you can see here. Alisha made some cozy mitts here.

11 comments:

Chris May 28, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

"Protection from cocktail chill" - you are too funny! Those are beautiful mitts. I am very jealous of your peach tree. That must be wonderful!

Woolly Stuff May 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I wonder if a peach tree would survive here. Hmmmm. Of course, I guess the first question should be, even if it would survive, where would I put it??? ;)

I love that lush, verdant green!

Thea May 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

oh I like those! And I'm fishing around for another mitt pattern. Especially handy w/ the cocktails!

stitching under oaks May 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

I love your quantifications of the virtues of the Axel mitt ...up for cocktails, down for s'mores! What a versatile mitt! They are both great and looks like they are already being put to good use!

Cloudberry May 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Great mitts!
And I really wish we had climate for growing peach...

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: May 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Beautiful mitts! Love that leaf color and style particularly well.

You are so lucky to have a peach tree - enjoy your harvest! Maybe a pie?

Katie May 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

Love the axel mitts, great color choice!

Bells May 29, 2009 at 3:12 AM  

hey that's a great idea to leave the cable off the dashing pattern. I didn't like it last time I tried it. Good tip.

That green is amazing!

Pom Pom May 29, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

I need to make some mitts! You Internet knitters are on the cutting edge! Thanks for keeping me up to speed! Love your blog!

amanda May 31, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Love your Axels. Could do with some of these to wear whilst sipping my cool martini!

Philigry June 3, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

these are to die for. the color of that green is lovely!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP