Okay, I'll reconsider my position on hats

>> Thursday, June 4, 2009

OK you guys. I knit up a hat. I decided after reading your comments that maybe I should knit something up quickly and reconsider my hat opinion. I grabbed the leftover skein of yarn from my axel mitts and hunted around ravelry. I found this pattern and love the blog so I thought why not?


Light not so great, we are in the middle of a ten day thunderstorm forecast and if I wait for good light then I might miss June completely. It was really fast and oh my it is super super warm. I was sweating like crazy after trying to take some pictures. There were quite a few shots of either the top of the hat or the bottom of my chin. This was the only one that turned out halfway decent. I like it a lot, except there is a little puckering at the top and after looking at the pictures I think I am going to go fix that, maybe add a row or two between decreases to smooth it out. Total instant gratification knit. Now where are all your hats :)?

14 comments:

Chris June 4, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

It looks great! I love her blog too. I started a hat last night and got some yarn from my LYS today (yes.I bought new yarn)to make a second hat, though I'm in the middle of a KAL for some socks and have 3 sweaters going, so who knows what I'll get done...

stitching under oaks June 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

I've knit that hat and it is a favorite! I love that color.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 4, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

That's adorable on you!!! Great color choice and cute style. It's a winner :)

I would smooth out that top, though, as you will enjoy wearing it more. The style is rather like the Banana Republic hat, except that has a button on the side, and it has been on my to do list 4ever!

a friend to knit with June 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

..........and now i want a green hat!!!!!!!
love yours.

Alison June 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Hats are such wonderful instant gratification knits- and I love that color!
Happy knitting-
ali

Jackie June 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

i love the green. My favourite of all.

Nicole June 5, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

Ha, ha... that's why hats are my favorite to knit! Almost everyone in my family has at least one and I have several, one for each jacket.

affectioknit June 5, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

I love your hat!

Lucie June 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

What a great colour you picked.

Woolly Stuff June 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Your hat looks really nice! I have a weirdly shaped head and can't wear knit hats, mostly. Sometimes a beret. But they usually don't stay on my head.

Ally Jay June 5, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Love the hat. It looks terrific

Pom Pom June 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

That does it! I'm off to finish two baby hats. Thanks!

Jessica June 7, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Hats are really instant gratification...I love knitting them up--the color, I agree, is great!

Kristyn Knits June 9, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

the color IS great!
I've knit four of those...so quick and easy-just how knitting should be. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP