Braid Hat

>> Monday, June 8, 2009

Another hat finished. This one is for my daughter. She has been asking and asking for a purple hat and when I found this pattern I knew we had the right one.

I used Cascade 220 superwash, because I don't relish hand washing my childrens knits. Her favorite part is the long braids.

The pattern is Meghan's Braids from One-Skein Wonders and is a great pattern book for stash busting. The book is broken up into sections by yarn weight which makes it very handy when you have a stray skein or two.

She is actually standing still in these photos. Surprised? Well when you are picking fresh strawberries from the yard and eating them it is better to stand still :)
I will be gone from this space for the next week. Tomorrow I am heading to Las Vegas with Miss D. We don't come home till Friday. No kids, no husbands, no responsibilities!! Jealous? I get back Friday but I will be leaving again Saturday morning for a ladies only trip to see the Lion King on stage. My mother, my sister, my daughter, and myself will be meeting up with other female members of our family and having lunch and watching the show. I will check in with you all next week. Hope you are having a glorious start to your summer!!

23 comments:

Jessica June 8, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

Your help with the short row increases was exactly what I needed. I've really moved along nicely...and figured them out..sort of! I truly appreciate your kind help...now I need to get that book to bust my stash!

Anna June 8, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

The hat is just too cute! Totally agree with you about handwashing kids' knits.

Chris June 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

That's a great hat! Have fun in Vegas!

Unknown June 8, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

I can't believe how much knitting you get done. It seems like I never get any knitting time these days. Hope you have fun on your outings!

affectioknit June 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

That is so pretty - I love purple!

Philigry June 8, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

love this hat! i think i need to add it to my list!

Liz June 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

I love that hat! So many kids hats these days don't cover the ears.

Jackie June 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

great hat, and those are well-taken pics.

enjoys your holiday and i m very envy you of having a ladies night only. a great way to relax and re-charge and rewind !

sweetp June 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

oh seriously jealous of your trip away! have fun!!gy

stitching under oaks June 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

That hat is great! The purple is too fun! I've seen that book, it's nice to hear you say it's a good one to have. You are getting so much accomplished lately! You go girl!

Kristyn Knits June 9, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

love the color you chose! she looks adorable in it! like lisa...thanks for the book recommendation!

Gigi June 9, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

So cute! I think my little Leah needs one of these.
Have a grand time in Vegas!

Cloudberry June 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

So cute!

Nicole June 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Have fun! Try to eat at Bouchon if you can... the lemon tart is AMAZING.

amanda June 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Have a great trip! Your photography on this post is stunning btw!

MadMad June 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

Oh, that hat is super cute! Have a great trip!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

That hat is perfect on her! Great choice of color and pattern.

I'm jealous of your fun trip to Vegas, but even more so of those delicious looking strawberries she's eating!

Have a wonderful time :)

UK lass in US June 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Yep, I'm jealous. I hope that you're having fun,

The hat is really cute.

The Wooly Wumpus June 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

This hat is adorable. I love all the One Skein Wonder books - always find lots of projects for my queue. Enjoy your time in L.V.

Sam June 11, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Have a wonderful trip! The hat is really cute... must go get that book.

Alisha June 12, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

Great hat!! I love the color.

Oh you know a few days like that would be amazing. I wish I could do that. My oldest daughters care makes it tough to even consider a get away for hubby and I let alone a "me" get away. Maybe one day!

Anonymous June 13, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

that hat is GORGEOUS!!! love the colour and wow..lol well done!

Yes I agree with the kids knits. My machine seems to do a nice gentle machines wash so so far I have been able to even machine wash the handwash wools, but I know I am tempting fate (I think my Malabrigo will stay away from the machine).

Thea June 15, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

The hats are great - and you're using up the skeins at an alarming rate! Plus, perfect summer weather projects. have fun in Vegas - I've never been, would love to someday...

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP