Home

>> Monday, June 15, 2009

Thank you so much for all the good wishes for my trip....it was a blast!! I stayed at Palm's Place in Las Vegas. The theme of the trip was 'do whatever you want'. It consisted of laying by the pool, reading this book, napping, more lounging, and then going out at night for nice dinners in non-kid friendly restaurants :). A much needed restorative trip to get me in the right mind-set for summer. When I got home late Friday afternoon there wasn't much time for me to acclimate back into mommy mode. I did some quick hellos we had dinner and then went off to a baseball game. Saturday morning I woke up and my daughter, my sister, and my mother, met up with my aunt and three cousins to go see The Lion King on stage. WOW! If you have a chance to go I highly recommend it. My daughter was not a fan of the packed theater and all the "strangers" around her but the minute the lights went down and the animals came down the aisle next to us she didn't make another sound. After a 2 1/2 hour drive to the theater and then a turn around home that evening I haven't done much the last two days. Today has been a lot of laundry and kind of gearing up for the week. Getting back into the groove. I didn't do much knitting on my trip but I have a few things to share and hopefully I'll get some pictures in the next day or two. Now I'm off to do some much needed catching up on all your blogs!

9 comments:

Yarnhog June 15, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

I've seen The Lion King on stage twice and loved it both times. The music is amazing, and the costumes are gorgeous. I have a recording of the Broadway version that gives me goosebumps.

Jessica June 15, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

Lion King on stage is completely amazing!!

stitching under oaks June 15, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

so glad you had a great time! what a treat to be able to relax and renew yourself...sounds like you needed it...as you went immediately back into full mom mode!

Kristyn Knits June 16, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

time alone to recharge...how refreshing! and add a trip to see Lion King, wow you've been a travelin' girl. have a great week!

Anonymous June 16, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

sounds like you had a great time away!!

jealous would love some time away to recharge.

thanks for the comments about my mr greenjeans :)

affectioknit June 16, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

That sounds like so much fun!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 16, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! BTW, I really enjoyed the Thirteenth Tale myself!

I haven't seen The Lion King, but there is something about seeing a musical on stage. So special.

Ally Jay June 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Sounds like a fun time

amanda June 17, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

well I'm exhausted just reading this post!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP