Please don't get bored yet.

>> Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So at the risk of boring you with two boring hats here goes.....I am still on my crusade to root out all random skeins of yarn and anything not big enough for a sweater or tagged for another project is fair game. I already made some mitts out of the yarn below and had just enough for a hat. My son was not very willing to participate in this photo shoot.


We are having one of those fabulous "phases" my son doesn't want to do anything without me firmly by his side. Unfortunately the reverse is also true....no taking pictures without him right by my side or preferably holding him. Ah the joys of toddler hood :)

Thankfully the hat is a 1x1 rib and quite stretchy so my daughter subbed in.

I got our old pop tent out for the kids to play in outback in the hopes to distract him enough to give me a moment to myself.

It worked just long enough for me to get in a few photos of this stripe hat I whipped up with some scraps. I'm sorry but I just made these on the fly with no pattern to share and I don't have the faintest idea what yarn I used.

I hope your week is going well.

14 comments:

Thea June 17, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

the pics are cute - flybys. And not boring. Good use of extra skeins!

Gigi June 17, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Not boring at all - very cute hats! I need to find some projects for all the random skeins of yarn I have lurking around my house too.

Chris June 17, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

I could never be bored with fun hats, especially those with stripes! Super cute.

Woolly Stuff June 17, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

It's not boring! They're cute hats!

Mary June 17, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Really cute hats and adorable models!

affectioknit June 17, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Love the hats!!!

Jessica June 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

I have a bunch of yarn that really needs to be loved in some way or another, but it isn't enough for one project. I love this idea.

stitching under oaks June 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

hats are the best stash busters! I love the ones you created! And the pictures are so cute!

Pom Pom June 18, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

I've been thinking about working on some hats because the big yellow sweater I'm knitting is taking one hundred years. I love the blue stripe hat! Great colors! I used to try to distract the children the same way, so I could knit, sew, read and journal! I love tents - I know that would have distracted ME! Thanks for a happy post!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 18, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Aw. That phase will pass away and you will wish for it all back!

Your hats are adorable ~ and using such bright fun colors will make them favorites to wear next Fall!

Kristyn Knits June 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

love your captures!
boring? never...using up all that wonderful yarn is exciting!!

Philigry June 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

boring? no way! i love those hats. the blue and green one are to die for! great projects.

Liz June 19, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

We've got a tent up in our back yard for the same reason! THe hat is adorable.

Anonymous June 19, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

love those hats!! the colours are great!

lol i did the pop up tent thing too when my girls were little. its a good distraction ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP