Tuesday

>> Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments about my cardigan.  This week it has been cool in the mornings and I have slipped it on over my jammies while I sipped my morning coffee out on my back deck.  The cool air combined with the cozy warmth of my cardigan definitely dismissed any ideas I had of frogging it.  It is designed to be roomy it just feels a bit too roomy when I wear it but as the weather cools I can see myself reaching for it more and more.  It is a keeper.

Now it is a Tuesday morning and I planned on getting in a run.  I have a shelf over my treadmill in my office where a small DVD player fits perfectly so that I can watch a show while I get in some exercise and still keep an ear out for my son playing trains in the next room.  Besides the exercise I want/need  I have quite a few projects hanging over my head.  My featherweight cardigan is still waiting for sleeves.  I recently cast on for this little project after I saw an ad in the recent Vogue magazine for a friend of mine who is having a baby in November.


I need to finish the button bands and collar on this sweater for my daughter.

Oh and I would still like to get a run in before I have to leave for kindergarten pick-up.  What am I doing instead?  Well Jack, my son, requested a red sweater with a zipper for him for this winter.  So after perusing ravelry I found this pattern.  I have some red worsted weight yarn, the picture of that pattern in hand, my son's measurements, and some Elizabeth Zimmerman books, and  I have dropped everything else to try and figure out a pattern for my 3 year old son.  This really isn't like me.  I'm not strictly a monogamous knitter but I rarely have more than 2 things going on at once and if I decide to cast on for a third project I finish up what is hanging out there.  I think a self-imposed ban from all knitting sites is in order until I get a grip on myself.

15 comments:

affectioknit September 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

The shelf is a great idea - and I love the red zippered cardi pattern - so cute!

Thea September 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

love the daughter cardigan!

elizabeth September 14, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

That is the cutest baby sweater! I bet you'll be glad you kept your cardigan. One of my favorite things I've knit (and never even blogged about!) is a v-neck pullover that is baggy and comfy as can be.

MadMad September 14, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

Oh, I think all your knits - including the cardigan, below - are great! I, too, have a hard time sticking to one project... I guess that the plus side, though, is that you get a bunch of things done, usually around the same time.

Anonymous September 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

I am so impressed that you knit for your little ones. I tried knitting for my daughter and just as I got all the pieces done she would have a growth spurt and everything would be to short(even if it started to long).

andi September 14, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

Ah, welcome to the group of the "All over the Place knitters!" Regardless the projects you have going on are all wonderful. I really love that little sweater for you daughter. Good luck!

Chris September 14, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

I'm completely with you on the 'too many projects' front. I used to be worse and I am getting better, but the WIP pile is still crazy large. I love everything you're working on!

stitching under oaks September 15, 2010 at 4:38 AM  

love that shelf over your treadmill...I have to turn my head sideways to see the tv when I'm on our treadmill. So glad that the cardigan is working out for you...I'm sure it's cozy! Have a great end to your week.

Leslie September 15, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Beautiful! I think this is my first visit here and I love the dress in your header. Wow! I'm a beginning knitter (wash cloth stage) and I am very impressed by your beautiful work.

Unknown September 15, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

I love your daughter's sweater. I like sweaters with a lace pattern on the bottom half. Sounds like you are approaching the danger zone. I have nearly knit myself out of the danger zone and hope I can keep control of myself now. When I get a lot of projects going I begin to feel like I will never finish any of them.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: September 15, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

How sweet that he wants a red sweater with a zipper ~ of course you must knit that first! He'll probably go through a phase where he won't wear anything you make in his teen years so enjoy this time :)))

But, I would sneak in the time to finish off the cardi for your little girl ~ it's too cute.

BTW love your new "header" on the blog.

Kristyn Knits September 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

so love that you take time to exercise. what a special investment in you! ** so happy you gave the sweater a bit of time. I can see you wearing it every day as it gets cooler! ** no bans needed. you're just one great knitter in love with knitting!

Jane September 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Sounds like you've been busy! Love all the sweater action. I so need to become a friend with my treadmill again!

Ally Jay September 16, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

My name is Alison and I'm addicted to knitting sites and patterns and yarn. You are not alone. It is hard to stay in control of all the wondrous things out there for us to create.

Annie September 16, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

Oh my goodness. Join my party. I'm afraid to count the unfinished projects.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP