School Uniform

>> Friday, September 17, 2010

For me that is.  Five days a week I have to be at school to do the kindergarten drop off and since these kids are so little and on an unsupervised playground until school starts I have to hang out until the bell rings.  You know what that means right?  No schlepping from the house and just hanging out in the car.  I need to be 'somewhat' ready to go in the morning.  Now this isn't that big of a deal but I work early in the morning before the family is awake and I stop at 8 am and we leave by 8:30.  Me, the kindergartner and the 3 year old.....hence the need for me to have a school uniform.  My uniform is going to consist of jeans, a trench coat, and sunglasses most day.  Looks put together on the outside and hides everything :).  I decided that maybe in preparation I should knit up some accessories to help change up my look, if that's what you can call it.  So here is the point the way scarf.


I used 3 skeins of knit picks cadena yarn and the beauty of it is that it's reversible.  So no matter how quick I throw this around my neck I don't have to worry about a "right" side showing and I can at least delude myself into thinking that I look put together.  It is really long and so soft and the color will hopefully add a little pep in my step on the mornings that I'm dragging.

Now I'm off to get the last minute stuff together for Avery's sixth birthday party tomorrow.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

Kristyn Knits September 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Sounds like we have similar volunteer positions, but I'm stationed in the parking lot for car drop off. :) Love your scarf! It will certainly give you a pep and keep you warm. happy school days!

Renee September 17, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Sounds like a grea uniform. Love the scarf.
Wishing you and yours a great weekend too!

Thea September 17, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

so funny! I hear you on the trench. I add boots to my jeans and jacket and feel put together too. All the knits are great for the playground!!

stitching under oaks September 18, 2010 at 4:40 AM  

sounds like the perfect uniform...if you can accessorize it...it's a keeper. I love the punch of that red yarn. I'm so drawn to scarves, but I've really got enough to last me for many outfit changes. Have a great weekend.

Leslie September 18, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

This would dress up any uniform! The color of this is stunningly beautiful....so one of my colors. :)

Anonymous September 19, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

Looks like a perfect accessory to your "uniform"!

andi September 19, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

I think that will a fabulous uniform with that red hot scarf!

ColorSlut September 20, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Red scarfs add a bit of zing to any outfit!

Trina Brielle September 20, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

I love the shade of red you chose! And, I really enjoyed reading the back story on the project. Thanks for choosing my scarf pattern. :) I'm glad you enjoyed knitting yourself a new accessory! It looks really great.

Mary September 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

Thanks so much for keeping in touch! I appreciate your comment.

The WoodLand School September 20, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

This scarf is just amazing! I can't wait to make one of my very own. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

Ally Jay September 21, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Definitely helps if you don't have to think too mard about what to throw on. Sure you'll look great anyway. The scarf is a lovely vibrant colour.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: September 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

What a great idea! It's a fun and festive scarf and you will look very fashionable out on that playground :)

Like you I think sunglasses hide much - that and a dab of lipstick!

Larissa September 24, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

Love the trench coat idea for the school uniform. I was walking my kiddos to the bus stop today wearing jeans and a white tee (it's still that warm at 8am)and I had to stop and check to make sure I wasn't wearing a dark bra. When it gets a bit cooler i may go the trench coat route too. Awesome scarf - you will be the cutest mama at the school.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP