The Holiday

>> Saturday, June 19, 2010

So last night I wanted to knit.  Work on my project.  A project that nobody in the house is excited about but me because it is only for me.  My current knit is the featherweight cardigan.  There are 1,577 of them on Ravelry so I don't think I can go wrong with this one.  I am knitting it longer in the body and so I am doing what seems to be thousands of knit/purl stitches to keep that stockinette going.  On a warm June evening what is a girl to do to help encourage masses of knitting using lace weight yarn???



 Well I turned to my TV for a little help.  The Holiday.  An adorable romantic comedy that takes place over the Christmas holiday.  I have to think that you have all seen it because this thing is chock full of beautiful knits.


Some are just so gorgeous that make me feel like if I knit them then I will look like Cameron Diaz or Kate Winslet :)



Other knits in the film (along with the beautiful English setting at Christmas) just help make me feel like knitting...unlike the summer sun where I am.


A few of the light sweaters that Kate Winslet wears just help me want to finish my own light knit so I can wear it.  So there you go....one way to help inspire hot weather knitting.  Hope you are having a wonderful father's day weekend!

15 comments:

Jane June 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

That's a cute little sweater. How did I miss that one! LOVE The Holiday too!

Chris June 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

I just bought yarn to make her Whisper cardi! They look really similar. I haven't seen The Holiday (I should do that), but I'm making the sweater Cameron Diaz is wearing. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Renee June 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

what a great project to knit!

The Holiday is my favourite Christmas movie - especially love the knits.

Thea June 20, 2010 at 5:24 AM  

I made Fireside after watching that movie -- she looked great in everything, though! And Fireside is one of my favorite, all time, most worn knits!

But don't knit it in summer. You may be OK with the laceweight on your lap.. that bulky would bug you!

Andi June 20, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

That is so funny I was thinking about casting on the featherweight cardi for a while! Now after seeing your progress it is a must. Love the movie the Holiday, reminds me of Mauve Binchey book "Tara Road" (my fav.
Enjoy your knitting and the rest of your weekend!

Anna June 20, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

I love The Holiday! And I have spent the weekend working on my own Featherweight - such a cute pattern!

Trisha Jones June 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

I am just mad about the movie, and I have always been smitten for the knits that are showcased on such pretty feminine figures. My favorite knit of the film is shown in your third photo... soooo pretty.

MadMad June 20, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

I started the first sweater (the one on Diaz), but it got too warm and I left it behind for more summery-type projects... but I can't wait to wear it next winter... if I find it at the bottom of my WIP basket!

ColorSlut June 21, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

The Holiday is wonderful. It is actually why I started the Ravelry group (as seen in the movies) - where we either create or look up patterns that are close to things we see. There are a couple from The Holiday on there.

Congrats on working on something for yourself! Can't wait to see it finished.

stitching under oaks June 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

I have that movie, but I've not yet watched it....I'll need to find some me time and pop it in while I knit away on my vine bolero. Can't wait to see your whisper....love that pattern, it's on my list.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

OMG, I've not seen that movie and now I must see it! Those are GORGEOUS knits. Hum..... there must be someone who has knocked off these designs.... must check on Ravelry!

Kristyn Knits June 24, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Your sweater is progressing!! :)
One of my favorite movies as well. But I loved it before I started knitting. You've given me a new reason to revisit it! Thanks for that!

Sam June 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

I love that movie, and the knits in it! Funny how a hobby can sway what a person will notice in a movie... it's even rubbed off on my husband! The whisper cardi is well worth the work... and it will be beautiful in that grey.

Prairie Girl July 9, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

I come by your blog every so often and just saw this post. I totally agree with The Holiday's knits - we watch it every Christmas Season and I always oogle everything they wear.

Hope your featherweight is coming along nicely.

Unknown October 28, 2015 at 5:58 AM  

黑蒜
黑蒜功效
黑蒜沖泡飲
黑蒜粒
黑蒜飲

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP