A running errands cowl

>> Wednesday, July 16, 2008


I know, I know, another cowl. Who hasn't had their fill of these? They are everywhere. So of course I had to make one. It has been christened the running errands cowl but that is exactly when it was made. Saturday driving (in the passenger seat of course) to the farmer's market, the local nursery for more plants. Standing in line, waiting at dance class, you name it. Since it just goes around and around all you need is a little yarn and your needles. I just kind of measured around my neck how loose I wanted it to be, cast on and started knitting. I bound off when it was as wide as I wanted.
On a different knitting front I am no longer going to make the long hooded cardigan. The truth of the matter is I was almost finished with it and went to do the arms and realized I had royally messed up. The kind of mistake that can't be fixed, so I had to tear almost the whole thing out. I tried starting again but my energy for the project flagged and I realized that I probably won't ever wear it. White or anything in the while family is not a good color for me. It is yarn from my grandmother's stash though so I still want to do something with it. I have decided to make an afghan with it. I am thinking aran squares all stitched together. I don't have a pattern so I am gathering together all the aran stitches I can and mapping out some sort of pattern. I will stitch each one into a 12 x 12 square and then stitch the squares together. Hopefully this weekend I can finish at least one square and see if anyone has any advice for me.
Thanks for the comments I love connecting with you all out there and reading your blogs!

4 comments:

sheepish one July 16, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

Andrea, there was an aran afghan featured on knitty gritty and I am slowly knitting it up myself! Here's the link. http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3502276,00.html

I also really like the book Cables Untangled. It is a veritable cable pattern bible. You could knit a 50-square afghan and NOT knit the same square twice. Good luck!

Mary July 16, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

I love the cowl. I'd like to try one sometime. I can't wait to see how your blanket comes out. What a great idea for using up leftover yarn too.

Thanks for leaving a message on my blog!

Philigry July 17, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

love the cowl. one can never have too many, and i am going to make ine for a friend. I have the long cardi on my list. I am just waiting until it cools down a bit. was it difficult? I am nervous now!

Ally Jay July 18, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

The flower dishcloths are great, really interesting shape and colours. Sorry to hear about the hooded cardigan, it is so disappointing to have to frog a garment. Hopefully the new project will spped along and you'll have a new heirloom from the stash.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP