Aran afghan and a little question

>> Wednesday, July 16, 2008



Here is what I have been working on for my aran afghan. Thanks to a comment left by Sheepish One I checked out the DIY network web page and found this. Here is what I have knit thus far.


It is the Moss Diamond Cable Afghan Square and it takes a lot of concentration. So in addition to this little project I need something that is a little more mindless if you know what I mean.


Back when I first learned to knit and purl I thought, "hey this isn't so bad, maybe I'll just whip up a sweater." Mind you at this point I knew next to nothing about knitting, yarn, patterns, what have you. I promptly went to the store and purchased this yarn (I have more than one).
Patons Classic Merino 100% Wool

I have now been holding onto this yarn for about two years and I don't know what to do with it. I still have yet to make anything for myself. I would like to make a cardigan or a simple pullover. Nothing fancy just something that will fit. The yarn is kind of stiff but I like the color so...Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Mary July 22, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

You are doing a great job with the afghan. Ravelry has a pattern browser you could check out if you are a member. If you aren't a member yet, it is a wonderful resource for ideas and patterns and it is free.

Ally Jay July 22, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

I agree with Lucky Knitter about ravelry. It is very good for patterns. The colour is gorgeous, I can see a pretty shrug or a vest top. Quicker than a full sweater.

Jane July 23, 2008 at 4:09 AM  

I agree too...I would also use the yarn finder at Ravelry. It's a useful tool to see what others have made out of the same yarn. Love the color. good luck!

Kathy... July 23, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Hi Andrea,

Like minds....I also was going to recommend that you look on Ravelry. Paton's Classic merino is a good basic wool yarn. It softens somewhat with that first washing. I think you would enjoy a garment from it. Good luck. I'll be watching...... :) k

sheepish one July 23, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

you have been one industrious knitter! wow!! that panel looks fabulous.
there are a lot of sweaters knit out of your wool:
i saw tree jackets (pattern available at zephyrstyle.com/patterns), rogues (http://www.girlfromauntie.com/patterns/shop/rogue/detail.php) and wonderful wallaby (pamphlets are available at stores).
good luck!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP