Sunday brunch and a little knitting

>> Monday, July 14, 2008


Sunday mornings around here start slow with kids getting up and coffee brewing. Usually someone wanders outside to water the garden and see if there is anything to gather for later on in the day. We sit out on the deck and watch the quail while we enjoy breakfast. I found this beautiful squash in the garden and decided to cook up a frittata for breakfast. People usually wander over on Sunday morning and breakfast inevitably turns into brunch. So after slicing up the squash here is what I did.




Sauteed squash and bell peppers in a little bit of olive oil, with some freshly ground black pepper and italian seasoning. I would have added some garlic and onion but my sister-in-law is allergic so we did it without.




Then in a mixing bowl I whipped up about 6 eggs and added a couple of tablespoons of milk. When the vegetables had softened a bit I poured the egg mixture over the vegetables. Wait until the eggs are about halfway cooked then sprinkle some shredded Swiss cheese and a little shredded Parmesan-reggiano cheese.




Cover, turn to low, and cook completely through. Voila....we also had coffee cake, banana bread, and a fruit salad. A feast!




I also managed to finish the flower washcloths.







I think I will buy her a bottle of wine, a good book, and some bath salts. It will be a relaxation kit for her birthday. I am really happy with how they turned out. The cotton chenille is lusciously soft and the colors are nice and bright. I hope she enjoys it.

5 comments:

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

Sounds like the perfect start to Sunday you had there!

Philigry July 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

that sounds so yummy! i will have to try it. we are growing a ton of squash in our garden this year.

sheepish one July 16, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

i love to knit those washcloths as gifts. perfect bathtime indulgence item!

Anonymous July 16, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

The frittata looks delicious, I will have to try that!

Tanya Willis Anderson July 23, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Oh WOW those flower dishcloths are so pretty and fun to use, I bet!

Thank you for stopping my my foodie blog. That potato salad recipe is a keeper - how you like it!

Tanya

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP