Friday nights and a dollhouse

>> Saturday, July 12, 2008

This is how I spent my Friday night and part of Saturday. While flipping through a magazine a couple of weeks ago I found the directions for this dollhouse in a magazine and had to share. I went down to the local craft store, spent $2.79 on the foam board and made this for my daughter.


We then got the paints out so she could start painting the walls of her new dollhouse.



And of course no house would be complete without stickers on the walls :).



We strung beads for lights across the family room and I used the leftover foam to make furniture. We have a couch and three beds, one for cow, one for zebra, and one for turtle. I know, I know, it's a dollhouse but she much prefers playing with animals so it is now her animals house. A quick foray through my sewing table and we found some in her words "cozy fabric" to make pillows and blankets for the beds, and some more fabric to make two pillows and a blanket for the sofa, "just like mommy's sofa".


I can't tell you how much fun we both had making this. The best part is we can put all the little pieces in a shoe box and the two pieces of the house come apart. It can be stored easily or taken to Grandma's house. She has moved this thing all over our house and has had so much fun. We found the little blocks at the craft store, they were $1.00.



Anyone out there who has a young daughter or son I really encourage you to check out the website link above and get the directions. The only thing is the instructions say to make a 2-inch notch in each piece of foam and you need to make a 4-inch on one and a 6-inch on the other so that they lock easily together. Please let me know if any of you make this! We had fun.

5 comments:

Jane July 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

What a great idea! and easy peasy too!

sweetp July 12, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

that is SO cool!

Ally Jay July 13, 2008 at 1:26 AM  

What fun, and so easy as well. Just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune to please kids.

Anonymous July 17, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

Great this idea!
Thank you I'll try to bild one for my childrens.
www.chiaranocentini.it/dblog

peaknits July 23, 2008 at 3:46 AM  

Thank you for coming by my blog - I am always glad to find new ones to peek at! And coincidentally I just bought some foam core for a project and me and my daughter had a wonderful time constructing doll furniture with the leftovers, I love your idea for more decorating possibilities - ah, it is the simple pleasures!:)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP