Happy Easter Eve

>> Saturday, April 23, 2011

Well I know I won't be checking in here tomorrow so I wanted to post tonight and wish you all a wonderful happy day tomorrow.  We will be celebrating Easter and today has been a busy one to prep for tomorrow.  I have 60 eggs all hard boiled up and waiting to dye later this evening.  A chicken cooking in the smoker along with a green salad and some french bread are on the menu tonight.  My parents are coming over tonight to dye eggs with the kids so we needed  a quick and healthy dinner, so tomorrow we can gorge enjoy brunch.


The house is clean and decorated and we have had many practice Easter egg hunts with plastic eggs in preparation.  Plates, napkins, and cutlery are all wrapped and ready for morning.


  We are doing a pot-luck brunch with friends and family.  I have pureed strawberries and peaches ready for bellinis.  A hash brown casserole that is always a huge crowd pleaser, especially with the menfolk.  Another contribution of mine are maple oatmeal scones from The Barefoot Contessa cookbook. 



A little tip from the cookbook states that you can make the scones up to a week in advance and keep covered in the fridge until ready to cook.  Now I haven't ever done them a whole week in advance but I usually make them a couple of days in advance, keep in the fridge and then just pop in the oven the morning I need them.  I have two trays for tomorrow and the third tray I am going to pop in the freezer to freeze.  These I will keep until I want to make a spontaneous yummy breakfast (I have cooked straight from freezer and they are still delicious).  There will be lots of good food and hopefully if I finish all my chores I won't have to much work tomorrow :).  Wishing you and yours much happiness!!

8 comments:

Anonymous April 25, 2011 at 6:42 AM  

Happy Easter to you! Everything looks great, and I really want to make that hashbrown casserole.

Leslie April 25, 2011 at 7:09 AM  

Happy Easter! I really enjoyed reading about all your preparing. You are a busy gal! The scone idea is really a good one. I will have to try that.

Kristyn Knits April 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

I hope all your planning was rewarded with a blessed Easter day filled with family and friends!

stitching under oaks April 25, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

That's a whole lot of hard boiled eggs. I know what you all will be eating all month long! :) I need to try that scone recipe. I love scones and I'd like them even more if I could freeze them and enjoy them when ever! have a happy (belated) Easter and a great week!

The WoodLand School April 26, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

Those scones look absolutely amazing!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter :-)

Imene April 29, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

Happy Easter to you!! I love all the things you made!

Sam April 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

Hope you had a wonderful Easter. I love your bunny scones! (And what a great tip for being able to make them in advance)

Larissa May 11, 2011 at 8:03 PM  

Love that you had many practice easter egg hunts with your kiddos. The holiday prep is so much fun. need to get the recipe for the scones - ina's recipes are always yummy. Hope your day was wonderful!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP