Simple Woman's Day Book

>> Monday, April 18, 2011

I love reading Heather's Simple Woman's Day Book posts so I thought I would post one here for you.


Outside my window...A spring rainstorm is brewing

I am thinking...about all the things I need to shop for, cook, and plan for Easter this weekend

I am thankful for...my family, our health, and a rainy day to knit

From the learning rooms...reading about different vegetables to plant in our garden this year

From the kitchen... I am devouring this book and can't wait to make some things from it.

I am creating...some pedicure socks for myself

I am going...to a baseball game with my family tonight, so we are having a picnic dinner (if the rain lets up)

I am reading... Cutting For Stone, just picked it up so I hope I enjoy it

I am hoping... that I can get to bed early tonight because even though the week is just beginning I am not caught up on my sleep

I am hearing...My children laughing and talking as they create cards to leave for the Easter bunny

Around the house...a full day of cleaning and organizing to get ourselves ready for the week.

7 comments:

stitching under oaks April 18, 2011 at 6:06 PM  

great post! sounds like you have a full week planned with lots going on...have a wonderful Easter. I need to plan our Easter meal, everyone is coming here and I've not even thought through what we're having.

Sam April 19, 2011 at 4:44 AM  

Wishing you a wonderful Easter xxx Sam xxx

Kristyn Knits April 19, 2011 at 6:28 AM  

I love this post!! I can't wait to see your pedicure socks! Do you have a pedicure scheduled as well?

Leslie April 20, 2011 at 5:41 AM  

Oh, I like reading about all the things you are reading and doing. And while reading this I have decided out of the blue what to do for Easter dinner. =)

Anonymous April 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

My fiance just got that book! I'm pretty sure there's not a recipe in the book that isn't amazing, and I hope you get to enjoy the lot of them!

Larissa April 22, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

Andrea, I cannot believe that i haven't left a comment on this post. This post has truly bettered my whole week. First, i followed your link to Heather's blog where i found a link to the blogs fimby and adventures in progress and have been so inspired reading about this amazing family and their adventures. Then I returned here to leave a comment and followed your link to cutting for stone and ordered the book and then amazon recommended another book called the art of racing in the rain and then i wanted to read that too. So my husband put it on his reader and now i'm reading my first book on a reader - all because of you! (by the way it's so much fun!) And now i'm back here once again to thank you and to wish you a Happy Easter, loads of sound sleep this weekend, and a bit of time for yourself!

I'm off to catch up on some sleep myself - Have a wonderful weekend!

Andi April 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

Happy Easter!
I really enjoyed this post. Can't wait to see how your pedi socks turn out. Let me know what you think of your new book- I have has that on my GoodReads list for a while now.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP