A wintry holiday weekend

>> Monday, February 21, 2011

We finally had some snow days complete with cancelled school.  So much fun.

We played in the snow, made hot chocolate, watched movies, played card games, played in the snow, made hot chocolate, ran around the house with walkie talkies playing spy, played hide and go seek, played in the snow, made chocolate chip cookies, did art crafts, and had a bit more hot chocolate.  I also finished one sweater and started another...can you believe it?


This is the sweater Maxim from Berroco #303 pattern pamphlet.  I already made arshile blogged here and I really want to make this and this and well I want to make knits for the whole family out of this one pattern book. 

I used some jaeger roma in pink for the sweater and a bit of the same in purple for the contrast on the sleeves and neck.

I think it is adorable on her!  The fit is perfect, the pattern was easy to memorize, and I really got to practice cabling without a cable needle (which is super easy once you get the hang of it).


I am hoping that she gets a lot of wear out of it.  The day was a bit grey for taking pictures but I have to strike when I can to get pics of these kiddos.
Finishing this pullover was exactly what I needed to get a little motivation to finish my other knits.  My mind is whirring with projects queued up.  Of course as we finished taking the pics there had to be some running because "it really isn't cold outside mommy and soccer is good exercise".  So we played a bit :)

I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday and start to your week!

14 comments:

Kathy... February 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

WOW! Just a beautiful sweater. She is getting so grown up! Double WOW!

Leslie February 21, 2011 at 3:13 PM  

I am so impressed. I love, love, love it! And that little hint of purple around the neck is such nice touch. You did an excellent job!

The WoodLand School February 21, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

Gorgeous sweater! I especially love the action shots :-)

Unknown February 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

I love that sweater! Finishing a sweater and starting another one is amazing. Good for you!

Larissa February 21, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

Love this! It fits her beautifully and the yarn drapes so nicely - great job! I think our "it's not cold" & "i need to run away now" girlies would get along splendidly.

Two Cables and a Frapp February 22, 2011 at 5:32 AM  

This is a gorgeous sweater. The fit is perfect ! Very nice.

ColorSlut February 22, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

Officially a stunning sweater! I'm sure she will love it and wear it a lot. Screams little girl!

MadMad February 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

Ah, soccer in the snow! How come kids are NEVER cold? Unless you take them skiing, that is. And pay for lift tickets. THEN, it's all "I'm too cold this," and I'm too freezing that," and blah, blah, blah. Anyway. Sweater is awesome.

faith76 February 22, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

lovely colour, great jumper. Inspired to make my little girl one. :)

stitching under oaks February 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

that is gorgeous. I love the color and the fit is perfect. she will get lots of wear out of it! great job girl.

Kristyn Knits February 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM  

awesome!! the sweater and that you received some much wanted snow. sounds like you took full advantage of that snow day! what a good mom you are.

sam February 22, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

It is gorgeous! I love everything about this sweater.

Charity February 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

That is beautiful! Nicely done. And I love snow days, too. Such a fabulous time together... :o)

Andi February 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM  

That sweater is absolutely lovely!! Excellent job!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP