Finally more knits

>> Friday, November 12, 2010

So clearly I have been stuck in a time warp :).  Finishing up costumes for Halloween, making treats for a Halloween party, a nasty computer virus (all cleaned up), a cold passed around the entire family, and then trying to keep a grip on the house in general and all that family admin. that goes on.  Knitting and crafting and photographing and posting and blog reading have taken a backseat.  So sorry!!  After attempting to get my son into his sweater (with a little candy bribery) his answer was still a resounding I DON'T WANT TO, explained as only a three year old can explain.  So my pictures are without a model.


I used the recommended yarn and loved it.  No modifications. 


The pattern is arshile by berroco.  I love the pattern book.  There is something, or a couple of somethings, that I want for myself, a sweater for my husband, and I think I want to knit up all the kiddo patterns.  Just a great pattern book.  All the patterns are modeled by the lovely family of spiderwomanknits.  I really recommend it.  Okay now I know I said before that I would be back soon with more posts and my word may be a little suspect but I do have lots more planned to share and I'm working on some fun things for Christmas so please don't tune out!  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

15 comments:

Charity November 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

This is so sweet! I love that pattern book, too, and this little sweater turned out wonderfully!

Amy J November 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

I was just looking at this sweater before reading your blog....your FO made up my mind....of to order the booklet :)

Allison November 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

Your sweater is lovely!

Chris November 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Gorgeous sweater! Your son will be toasty. I love that booklet!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: November 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

It's a super cute sweater ~ sometimes you have to just go with the flow ;)

I have to pick a Winter sweater project and simply can't settle on what to make ~ thanks for reminding me Berroco has some great patterns!

Andi November 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Ugh I think I caught your cold! :) Hope you all are on the mend. I adore the little blue sweater-even without the model. Kids are brilliant!!!

Thea November 13, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Adorable sweater - the blue is great!!

Leslie November 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

I would wear that in a heart beat! I am glad to know I am not the only one with a reluctant model.

Kathy... November 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

I'm making a sweater for BG, and I can't even get him to try it on so I can check the sleeve length. And this after he saw the pattern and declared "Grandma make Monster!" (It's a monster sweater).... Kids!

So - Good luck. If you figure out the secret, let me know. LOL

Jane November 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM  

Very cute. Love the color!

Kristyn Knits November 15, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

Your sweater is adorable, even cuter with him in it I'm sure. Enjoy your knitting and share it with us when you can.

Kate (KnitsInClass) November 15, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Love the sweater - gorgeous color. Even if he won't wear it for a picture, the most important thing is that he wears it for everything else :)

Larissa November 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Your sweater is so cute - love how the hood attaches. I need to order that book too - i've seen tons of photos of abi from spiderwomanknits and her family in these gorgeous knits on the internet.

Jessica November 16, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

That sweater turned out perfectly!!

stitching under oaks November 17, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

what a great sweater! You'll have to snap some modeled photos when your little one is unsuspecting! thanks for the heads up on the pattern book, I only buy pattern books with plenty of projects I would want to knit. This book sounds perfect!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP