No hat lovin

>> Thursday, January 6, 2011

I wish my kids loved wearing hats.  I love to knit them hats.  I love how fast they are and how quickly they are finished.  But no matter how many I knit or how much input they have on color and type they just don't get worn.  "My head is itchy" is all I hear and off comes the hat.  I have seen some tutorials for lining a knit hat with fleece which is on my to do list but until then here is one solution for my daughter. 


A headband.  Which at least will get worn. 


Something that is at least covering her ears.  Warm and soft.  Do you notice how still these shots are?  All I heard was.....when can I run?  I held her off as long as I could so I only got a few shots before she was off around the yard.


Of course it is pink.  This girl was born loving pink....I swear it wasn't me. 


A very quick knit.  Pattern can be found here (free).  I just used some scrap yarn from something and followed the pattern.  The best part is that the center lace pattern makes it easy to size for any head.  Just sew a button on one end and use any part of the lace as the buttonhole.  So maybe instead of my daughter raiding her mommy's closet I can go raid hers :)

14 comments:

Jessica January 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

That headband looks like plane knitting to me!

Kar January 6, 2011 at 4:25 PM  

Looks like it surely is something worth borrowing from little miss. Very cute! Don't know how I would feel if my gang didn't like wearing hats. I'll count myself lucky that they do. :)

Leslie January 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM  

Oh, that is the sort of thing I love. I don't really love a hat either. And it is so cute with pigtails.

Amy J January 7, 2011 at 5:10 AM  

Do we have the same children? Love this idea! My 6 yr old may be get one this weekend :)

Kristyn Knits January 7, 2011 at 5:27 AM  

love it! this looks like the perfect solution for my cold ears while I direct parents in the drop off loop at school in the morning! going to check out the pattern!!

Andi January 7, 2011 at 6:49 AM  

I think you may have the smartest daughter in the world! The girl loves pink what more can I say? :)
That headband is adorable. I think I may make one for myself. Thank you for the link.

Charity January 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

Sometimes going with what works for them is the most important, eh? Looks great! :o)

Renee January 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM  

Great headband!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: January 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

It's very cute on her!!! Pink is a beautiful color :)

Larissa January 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

Awesome knit! Love how perfectly it fits your girl! This is such a wonderful pattern - love that it's adjustable!

stitching under oaks January 8, 2011 at 5:23 PM  

what a brilliant knit...it is adorable too. It'll surely keep her ears warm while she's buzzing around the yard. Lucky for her she's got such a great mama!

The WoodLand School January 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

What a marvelous idea! I love the color and LOVE the pattern!

ColorSlut January 10, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

Great idea and it looks so cute on her!

Ally Jay January 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

Very cute and a great compromise.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP