A little more sewing

>> Monday, January 10, 2011

I made some bags.  The first one I did with no patchwork, just one fabric for the outside and one for the inside. 

I wanted to do a trial run with sewing per the directions without adding anything extra to worry about i.e. patchwork.

Another tutorial that I have browsed again and again always thinking to myself, wouldn't it be nice to have some of those reversible drawstring bags to throw my projects into.  Whenever we go somewhere I always have multiple bags to hold snacks, projects, toys, camera, you name it I am probably carrying it.  So unless I want to carry one more bag, which I don't, my knitting gets stuffed into the big bag with everything else.  These little tote bags have already made all the difference.  Just enough fabric to keep everything separate but not so much that it adds much bulk or weight to my already hefty bag.

For the patchwork I used 4" squares instead of 2 1/2" squares and I adjusted the lining accordingly.  Other than that little modification I followed the directions completely.  A great blog with plenty of more tutorials you can find this one here.  Now come on....no matter what kind of crafting you do couldn't you always use one more bag to hold it in?


9 comments:

Amy J January 11, 2011 at 5:44 AM  

Love them....I just bought fabric to make some also, but I have to say, I like yours better :)

ColorSlut January 11, 2011 at 6:19 AM  

They are so cute!

Yarnhog January 11, 2011 at 8:49 AM  

Those are so cute! I could totally use some of those. Not that I have any time these days, but still. :)

Charity January 11, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

These are really great! Bags are always handy, and even nicer when they're pretty. :o)

Andi January 12, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

You and your sewing machine have become really good friends. You are on a roll friend. Great job on those fantastic bags!

Larissa January 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

These are great! There is nothing better than making something that you need - and making it super cute. My house is small and i don't want to buy any new things but i'm working on replacing what i have with cute, hand made versions. I need some bags just like these!

Mary January 17, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

Thanks for the link. Those are great bags!

Anonymous January 19, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

beautiful bags! great job!

Sweetp January 25, 2011 at 1:05 AM  

Love them. I really must learn to sew, would love to make little bags like that. I jsut saw some cool swim bags on another blog, getting a serious case of sewing-envy!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP