A quick mitt knit

>> Monday, December 6, 2010

These were a fairly quick knit and I love them!!  I personally think they would make a perfect gift for someone.  Especially if you have a more expensive yarn in your stash, maybe a cashmere.  I love how long they are because they tuck in beautifully underneath my coat sleeves and the gray means I can wear them with anything.


I used Knit Picks Capra cashmere yarn and I really like it.  It has held up beautifully and is very warm and soft.  The pattern is free and has a version with or without partial fingers.  A few years ago I would have laughed at the idea that I would have a pair of fingerless mitts let alone multiple pairs but I find them quite addicting and perfect when I have a lot of things I want to do out of doors.  Friday we cut down our Christmas tree and of course it was cold and snowy and I had pictures I wanted to take and children that needed helping and lunch that needed to be packed and unpacked and these mitts stayed on all day.  It isn't to late to cast on a pair for yourself or maybe a gift for someone.....just 18 more days till Christmas :)

12 comments:

Kar December 6, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Those are great! I love all the twisty, cabley texture in them. :)

Echo M December 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

thanks for reminding of just how little time I have left..... but no, these are great, thanks for the pattern link!

Chris December 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

Those are lovely! I found myself wearing my fingerless mitts a lot when the weather was cool but not cold several weeks ago. Wow. Only 18 days!

ColorSlut December 7, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Great pattern and nice to know that they are easy too!

Kristyn Knits December 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

LOVE this pattern!
LOVE fingerless mitts
for myself and for gifts!
thanks for sharing your pattern.

andi December 8, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

Okay- those are lovely! I must cast them on. I too was one of those who laughed at the fingerless mitts, but I see them everywhere. :)

Renee December 8, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

Lovely!!
Practical and pretty. Must knit some, thanks for the pattern link!

Charity December 8, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

This is a great little pattern! I love fingerless mitts, like you said, when you're busy with kids, they're really handy. :o)

Mary December 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Those mitts are simply beautiful!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: December 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Beautiful!!!! Great gift idea and I also am addicted to fingerless mitts - LOL

Caroline December 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

They are lovely. It is exactly what I was looking for. Need to finish what is on my neddles and will start them.

Andi December 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

BTW I love your new header! XO

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP