Almost done with my Christmas crafting

>> Saturday, December 11, 2010

I am not a huge Christmas crafter for presents.  Once I add a deadline for a project all the fun is sucked right from it and I approach finishing it with the same dread as I approached finals deadlines in school.  This project was a bit different though. 


First it only took a couple of hours to finish a pair.  Second I knew they would get lots of use and third I quickly memorized the pattern so they were a fantastic mindless knit for watching Christmas movies over the weekend. 

Five pairs of mitts for 5 happy children, a mitt that has a little flap top to quickly cover up cold hands. 


The pattern is free and has sizing for a child size mitt, a woman size mitt, and one for men.  As far as I'm concerned everyone should have a pair and now that I know it so well....maybe everyone will :)

10 comments:

Leslie December 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

Oh, these are so cute...and such an "in" gift right now. Thank you for the pattern link!

MadMad December 12, 2010 at 5:52 AM  

VERY cute! And I love the new header, too!

Kristyn Knits December 13, 2010 at 5:49 AM  

Amazing!! Look at all this progress. You don't need a deadline, you do perfectly well on your own!

ColorSlut December 13, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

Goodness you are rockin' it. I can't believe how many handmade items you have cracked out this year!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: December 13, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Such a cute gift that will spread lots of joy ~ and how fun it will be for them all to have the same mittens!

Sweetp December 13, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Gorgeous! I love the new header too, just stunning. Its coming into summer here so it seems almost surreal seeing that snow

Andi December 18, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

I love these colorful mitts! Stop giving me ideas...I need to stay on track! :)

Mary December 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

Those mitts are great! I love the flaps!

Margaret January 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM  

These mitts with flaps are now out of circulation. Any chance of posting the pattern

Jeanne Bryan Insalaco December 25, 2018 at 10:02 AM  

This looks like the perfect mitten for me. So many I’ve tried doesn’t have a flap that’s long enough to stay closed. The link doesn’t bring up the pattern on Ravelry - could you share this free pattern?
Thanks Jeanne

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP