Spring Dress

>> Friday, May 7, 2010

I swear someday I will actually start and finish a project for myself.  I have plenty of things lined up that I would love to wear but unfortunately there are to many adorable little girl projects and I have a little girl who loves to wear anything I make.  I know I'm going to blink my eyes and she'll be a teenager and all bets will be off.  So until then I offer up yet another little girl knit.


Elenka from Knitty (free).  It is knit in the round from the bottom up so as you get closer and closer to finishing, it gets faster and faster to knit.


I had to lengthen it because the sizes only go up to 5T and my daughter is wearing 6x, she is quite tall.  I just worked more rounds of the lace skirt in each section.  I used Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in Peony for the dress (5 skeins) and Ivory for the edges (about 1/3 skein).  Very affordable to make and she loves it.


There is a purple ribbon thread through the upper waist area.  I wanted a lacy ivory colored ribbon but my little fashionista decided that purple was the way to go and I humbly bowed to her wishes :).


The cotton is very soft and should be nice and light to wear for most of the summer.  It has already seen a lot of wear and dirt. 

I love the daisy stitch on the bodice.  So delicate and perfect for this little dress and the double crochet eding really finishes it nicely.  Now I'm off for a busy mother's day weekend.  Birthday parties and gardening and hopefully a little sleeping in for me.  Have a fantastic weekend!!  

23 comments:

Chris May 7, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

WOW! I love this dress! She looks adorable in it as well. The daisy stitch is lovely.

ColorSlut May 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

What a perfect spring dress. It is a great length and the texture in it is so nice! Good job.

Anonymous May 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

affectioknit May 7, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

So, so PRETTY!

amy May 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

This pattern didn't even register when I saw it in Knitty (I'm assuming, because I look at every issue and I didn't remember this pattern at all). I think it's because your yarn choices are so much nicer. Your version is beautiful--so much so I'm adding this pattern to my queue for when my girl is a little bigger.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: May 7, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

She looks like a fairy princess! Beautiful knitting and it's absolutely perfect on her. A purple ribbon ~ of course :)

Kathy... May 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

Those little dresses are getting longer and longer.....

Charity May 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

This is really lovely - nice job!

Cloudberry May 8, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

Beautiful dress!!

andi May 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Love the dress, so summer and girly! Enjoy your weekend.

stitching under oaks May 8, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

this dress is just gorgeous....I love the different stitches and the flow of the entire dress. Beautiful job...Wow!

Jessica May 8, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

That dress turned out awesome!

Larissa May 8, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Your dress is so beautiful! No wonder your girlie wants to wear it over and over. You did an great job and there is nothing better than a grateful recipient! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Jane May 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

This is adorable. I just love it! Wish I had a little girl to knit for occasionally!

a friend to knit with May 10, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

oh my gosh. i miss libby being small enough to wear (and want to wear) a dress like that.
it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Kar May 11, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

The dress is so pretty! Great job on it.

Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day also! :)

Gigi May 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Oh my goodness! This is just beautiful!
Blessings and angels,
G

Unknown May 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

I think I have this dress in my Rav Q. If not, I looked at it on Knitty and really liked it. I love it.

Ally Jay May 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Awesome dresss. It looks stunning, love that colour especially.

barbara May 19, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Such adorable knitting! I had seen this pattern on Knitty, but it's wonderful to see it made up in this pretty colorway ...

Kristyn Knits May 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

this is so beautiful!! I love that she chose the ribbon...having her own ideas and all. :) It fits her perfectly!

Renee June 4, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

What a B E A U T I F U L knit!!!

Preeti June 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM  

What a gorgeous dress!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP