Valentine's party time

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's day is upon us and it was time to get all the finishing touches on my daughter's valentines for her class.  After seeing this I decided to do a version of it for my daughter's friends.  We gathered our supplies of red fleece, thread, a heart pattern, needles, tissue paper and glitter glue.

Of course we were going to need some candy to fill up the little heart pouches.

After I cut out two heart shapes, our new budding resident seamstress stitched them together.  The pillow is on her lap to avoid poking herself when she pushes the needle through the heart. 

I know there would have been many tears of frustration if she tried to spell out each persons name.  The initials were our compromise.

We tucked candy into tissue paper where she used a marker to write a little message and her name and we tucked each paper pouch into the appropriate heart. 

I think they turned out really cute and she's excited to pass them out.  These would be great if you were hosting a party; they could serve as a place setting and a small gift.  Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

11 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: February 11, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

They are adorable!!!! What fun and who could say no to crafting with glitter glue :D These Valentines I'm sure were a huge hit!

Your Super Bowl spa day sounds wonderful.

stitching under oaks February 11, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

what a great valentines day craft and gift...so adorable and so wonderful that they were worked on together.

Trisha February 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Very cute! I love that she's giving something more than the little paper cards--her friends will feel so special. I think her compromise turned out very minimalist chic. ;)

5orangepotatoes February 11, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

They turned out lovely! Thanks for the link love!
lisa

MadMad February 11, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

Oh, my goodness. You are a good mommy! I bought those candy kits where all the kid (who STILL tried to get me to do it for him!) has to do is write the other kids' names on the boxes... Yours are WAY cuter! Happy Valentine's Day!

Thea February 12, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

very sweet!

Unknown February 12, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

What a great idea!

Kristyn Knits February 13, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

what sweet Valentines! I'm sure they were the hit of the party!!
Happy Valentine's Day!

affectioknit February 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

Yep - I think they turned out really well - SO CUTE!

Jessica February 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

Great valentines!

Heather February 15, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Looks like you had a ton of fun

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP