Happy Friday

>> Friday, February 5, 2010

I am looking forward to a little pampering this weekend.  Some home spa remedies, tea, and a book.  The superbowl is on Sunday and we have a four year old birthday party in the morning and a party to attend in the afternoon/evening for the big game so I am going to indulge myself a little bit this Friday afternoon in anticipation of my busy Sunday. 

I have this book to peruse and hopefully find some good moisturizing masks because this winter is drying my skin out beyond belief. 

I am going to make copious amounts of tea to sip while I start a new book. I know green tea is very good for you but it is not a favorite; this one from Good Earth with mango, peach, and pineapple is fantastic hot or on ice.  But my first tea love is chai tea and I always have plenty of that on hand. 

I have this book list I posted last year.  Seventy-Five books every woman should read.  Sadly I haven't read anything in the last year to make the list a little smaller.  So I have The Left Hand of Darkness to start on my way to whittling down the list.

Anything fun on your list of things to do?

10 comments:

Cloudberry February 5, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Sounds like you will have a great friday :)
I'm not a big fan of green tea either, but I sometimes make mea cup of green tea with jasmine.

Have a great weekend!

Thea February 5, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

sounds good! Have a great time....

Jessica February 5, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

What a fun time--Enjoy your relaxation-you deserve it!

larissa February 5, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

Reading a good book and chai tea is my kind of pampering! sounds so good. I spent today preparing for yet another snow/sleet storm with trips to the grocery store, library, and accountant for taxes. Hope to get some reading time before bedtime. Have a wonderful weekend!

MadMad February 6, 2010 at 4:25 AM  

I will sometimes sneak an hour before the kids come home to... wait for it... knit. (Of course!) And watch the news. Love that book list idea, too!

Chris February 6, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful day! Thanks for the great book list. I'll see what I can find on tape - I haven't figured out how to hold a book and knit at the same time yet!

Anna February 7, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Ooh, that sounds like a wonderful way to start the weekend! I love chai too, and my treat this weekend will be drinking it, watching an old movie and knitting in front of the fire.

stitching under oaks February 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

what a wondeful way to take care of yourself...tea and a book. sounds like a great recipe to me. enjoy your down time and then the busy part of your weekend too!

Kristyn Knits February 8, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

I trust your pampering was wonderful! In an effort to take care of myself in 2010, I'm doing one healthy thing each day...today was a good hand scrub and wonderfully thick lotion!

Charity February 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Pampering sounds like the perfect thing to do in February! :o)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP