A pullover for Jack

>> Monday, February 15, 2010

While organizing closets a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my son only had only one handknit sweater from me.  My daughter has half a dozen at least.  I love wool sweaters for the kids because sometimes a winter coat is too much but a shirt isn't enough.  A pullover or hoodie is the perfect in between.  So while watching the olympics over the weekend I pulled out some worsted weight washable wool and cast on for a pullover.

No pattern was used.  Just his chest measurement with 2 inches of ease added, then I used the recipe from the princess dress for all my numbers. 

A simple raglan pullover with a bit of white striping to break up all that blue.

Perfect for today where we have warm (for winter) temps and blue skies.
I didn't even wash or block it because good temperatures and an even tempered two year old equals to "strike while the iron is hot".  So we headed outside for lots of play.
I used Knit Picks Worsted weight Shine in blue and Cascade 220 superwash for the white.   Size 6 needles.  Pattern:  Mine :)
Hope you are having a lovely start to your week!

17 comments:

Jessica February 15, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

That sweater turned out perfect!

Trisha Jones February 15, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

I love his styling... Nemo goes with anything! It's a perfect fit for him. And, I love the blue with that bright white stripe.

MadMad February 15, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

Oh, that came out awesome - and look what a cutie he is!

stitching under oaks February 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

he sure looks like he's enjoying himself out in the sunshine with his new sweater on! great job! i can't even imagine just knitting a sweater with no pattern. wow!

amy February 15, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Oh, nice quick knit! I am not having nearly as much luck knitting while the Olympics are on. I've been spending so much time tending to the sick, fussy children!!

Kristyn Knits February 15, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

no pattern?? wonderful you! the finding nemo cap makes the outfit complete!

Kar February 16, 2010 at 6:54 AM  

Love how that came out! I wish my "little" guy was little again so I could make him quick, cute sweaters.

ColorSlut February 16, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

Great sweater - and he looks so cute running around in it!

affectioknit February 16, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

I love it - a perfect 'boy sweater'!

Charity February 16, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

That is so sweet! How do you like the Shine yarn?

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: February 16, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

It's adorable! Wonderful inspiration for having a go at making your own pattern!!! Such a cute little boy - gotta love the hat - LOL

Chris February 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Great sweater! And so fast! I tend to knit more for my daughter than my son, as well. Partly because she will actually wear them (I have to fight with him to put a sweater on in the mornings).

Larissa February 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous sweater! i also find that simple measuring and top down knitting creates a better fitting sweater than some fancy pattern. Great job.

UK lass in US February 18, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

Wow - it looks great. How is it possible that you can knit that quickly to have finished it already, too?

Cloudberry February 18, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Great sweater!
And I love his cap ;)

Philigry February 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

that is so sweet! I love it.

Renee March 26, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

Great sweater!

My son is psst that age of enjoying hand knits, my daughter can't ever get anough and I doubt she'll out grow enjoying knits.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP