Halloween

>> Sunday, November 1, 2009

I survived the sewing...

The kids had pumpkins to decorate.
Hers....
And his...
They had bags to collect their treats in. I made it the same as the bedtime bag but added some elastic at the top to help keep the candy inside. I let the kids pick out the fabric. Disney for him and purple sparkly bats for her.
And they had costumes to wear. You know how sometimes you see a pattern, or a fabric/yarn and it speaks to you. Jumps out and grabs you and you can't ignore it no matter what. Well the mermaid pattern really spoke to me....LOUDLY. Do you know what it said???
I hate you and I will thwart your every attempt to finish me. Note to self "You are not smarter than the pattern so don't skip any steps. They are there for a reason and if you leave them out you will just have to redo it" Ahh my love of sewing continues.....
Elmo and Ariel had fun though and I'm glad it's over for another year.
There was much celebrating. A lot of family and friends to walk around with to trick or treat and chili with some adult beverages awaited us at home when we were done. I'll be back in a couple of days with the November knit a long.
P.S. I'm done with knitting my clasica coat and just need to seam. Bring on the wine :)

16 comments:

Jessica November 3, 2009 at 4:38 AM  

Those are the coolest pumpkins---I wish I thought of pipe cleaners a couple of days ago!

Chris November 3, 2009 at 4:59 AM  

Wow! I'm very impressed with every bit of this. Those are super cute pumpkins and costumes and kids!

Pom Pom November 3, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

Hi AHMK! LOVE the costumes! The mermaid is priceless! Way to go! Props to you! You are a mommy who makes things! Halloween is a big deal and a lot of work for parents. I'm trying to find fun in November. It seems so freezy and boring for some reason. Trying to amp up.

Thea November 3, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

the blue mitts are lovely! And I'm laughing at your talking mermaid tail - am hoping it'll have a second life in the dress up box, and your efforts will really be worth it....

PS Love pipe cleaners. They have a billion uses!

Christina Scovel November 3, 2009 at 6:05 AM  

Looks like such a wonderful Halloween! The pumpkins are cute and a mermaid! GREAT COSTUMES!!!!

amy November 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Very impressive costumes! Halloween can be a lot of work for the mama, can't it? (Don't I know it!!) I love your ideas for pumpkin decorating, too. So much neater than paint...

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: November 3, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Looks like the little ones had a wonderful time this Halloween :) Makes all that angst of sewing the costume worth while! She really does look like a mermaid.

Maybe I'll try that glass of wine when I seam my next sweater - LOL

Woolly Stuff November 3, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

I love all the eyes on the pumpkins - so cute!

affectioknit November 3, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Cute cute costumes and pumpkins and kids...

Heather November 3, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

You had a very busy time getting ready! Everything looks so wonderful, and how special that you created so many magical treasures for the your little ones.

stitching under oaks November 3, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

this post made me smile so much...those pumpkins are adorable, how clever....and the lessons you learned from sewing the mermaid costume- hilarious. Although, I've been there and totally understand. I might need that lesson taped right onto my sewing machine.

Kristyn Knits November 3, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

what a great idea for kids' pumpkins!! and those costumes...simply wonderful! great job!!

MadMad November 4, 2009 at 3:39 AM  

Oh, they came out so cute! You are very impressive!

Kate (KnitsInClass) November 4, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Hey, your patterns talk to you the same way mine talk to me :) We all cry a little when the sewing machine comes out.

Your kids look adorable! Well worth the effort.

jules November 4, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I love the costumes. SO cute.

Prairie Girl November 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

I am incredibly impressed with your costumes. I too would love to improve my sewing skills (there's no WAY I could have done that mermaid so big kudos!!).

I like your idea of a sewing queue! Maybe that will be a New Year's resolution.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP