September

>> Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Well hello again. I seem to have fallen off the wagon in my quest for 30 days of balance as far as posting is concerned. I can say I feel a lot better after just saying the words out loud, or in our case writing them down. I think just shifting my attention to the problem helped shine a little light on it and make it not seem so bad. All of your encouraging comments helped a lot. It always makes things easier when you realize you aren't alone. So thank you!

I have been making lists and reading books and trying to carve out a little time for myself. Life seems to be about priorities and I am just shuffling mine around and getting them straight. School is starting for my daughter and my husband, although in his case he never stopped for the summer....I will be so glad when his doctorate is finished up! Anyway I have been in nesting mode. Getting my fall recipe books out and piling up reading books. You know the drill.

The party came off without a hitch. My fantastic sister showed up Friday night and we transformed our downstairs family room into a pixie hollow of sorts. The walls, yes all of them, were covered in green sheets, tablecloths, curtain sheers, and then we hung felt flowers from fishing line all around. White twinkly lights behind the curtains helped finish the effect. We made fairy wings and pirate hats and there was a tinker bell pinata full of loot. The best part? Besides my daughter having a great time, it was knowing that by Saturday afternoon my weekend was in front of me with the party behind me ;)

So now onto September for the knit-a-long. Well Ms. Zimmerman has underclothes for September. Now maybe you wear a lot of woolen, knit, underclothes....but I don't. So I am declaring September a knit what you want month. A knit-a-long free zone if you will. Since I haven't done as much knitting as usual....I have the clean out every last closet before it's cold bug, I am going to finish those dang bears and get started on some fall sweaters for everyone around here. As well as finish up some wips. What are you working on this fall?

5 comments:

Yarnhog September 1, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Woolen, knit underclothes. No sir, I don't like it. (Of course, it's been over 100 degrees here lately, and underclothes of any variety aren't appealing.)

Renee September 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

I love my woolies, but not as underclothes.

Sounds like the party was fabulous.

Enjoy September and happy knitting!!

MadMad September 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM  

Oh, so glad the party went well - sounds like it was fabulous! I have been bitten by the Vine Yoke bug (Twist collective) but am determined to finish a couple of other sweaters I have going... and then somehow got sidetracked by a hat. And two new babies who needed presents... You know how it goes...

Kristyn Knits September 2, 2009 at 5:49 AM  

where have I been? I missed several posts...so sorry to have missed you.
I'm working on my February Lady Sweater and maybe some fingerless mitts!

stitching under oaks September 3, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

I'm so glad the party went well...it sounds like it was over the top! I'm working on my broken rib sweater and then I'll start that textured shawl that seems to be everywhere. Enjoy the beauty of September.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP