Balance?

>> Friday, August 28, 2009


The question mark you ask? Well Tomorrow morning I have roughly 35 people descending upon my house, a dozen of which are children ages 5 and under. Why? Well my daughter is having her fifth birthday tomorrow. So balance? Well it is being found in the fact that while I am under slept our house is almost all clean everything has been purchased but the ice cream. And I have reinforcements, i.e. family, coming over tonight for the promise of a slice of pizza a cold beer in return for helping me set up pixie hollow in my house. We are making pirate hats for boys and pixie wings for the girls. Lots of stickers, glitter glue, tinker bell pinata, and stuff.
My mother-in-law is staying the weekend so besides all of the party prep we are doing sheet washing, room switching, and guest prep. When company comes my daughter loves to sleep in her Dora tent in the sitting nook of our bedroom. Soooo that's my weekend in a nutshell.
Maybe I should have tried for this whole balance thing after the party :) I'll catch up with you all Sunday or Monday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Renee August 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Oh, it'll be so much fun and create such amazing memories for your birthday girl. :)

Maybe balance will come easier after a big event? Wishing you well and heaps of fun!!

Yarnhog August 28, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Ahhhhhhh!

It'll be awesome in retrospect! ;)

Pom Pom August 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Birthday parties are such a motherly act of love! Pixie Hollow sounds magical and having all the company will fill your house with happy!

The Wooly Wumpus August 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

Have a wonderful party. I think I need a Dora tent to retreat to!

MadMad August 29, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

It sounds like a party she will remember for the rest of her life. (You, too, maybe... heh heh.) But still, she is going to love it. Good luck!

thea August 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Good luck! Take pics and have a drink when it's all over....

stitching under oaks August 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

sounds like memories in the making. Hope everything goes well. Enjoy your weekend!

Jessica August 31, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

I hope the party went great---balance is hard to attain especially when big events are coming up. Hopefully it will emerge after the party!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP