Mine

>> Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thanks for all your fun comments about my little 'procrastination' problem. I know it doesn't seem like procrastination but I find it so funny that when I am putting off something I become super industrious in other areas of my life. Oh well. Hopefully those bears will get finished before Christmas.

I also want to thank you for all the love on the girlfriend swing coat. I don't feel like I thank you enough for the lovely comments from the blog and ravelry. I really appreciate it. I have no local knitting circle I belong to, no group of friends who love to craft or knit. You guys are my peeps :). I get all my inspiration, and boy is there a lot of beautiful projects out there, and encouragement from all of you. So thank you very much for being out there and checking in here when you have a spare moment from your already jam packed lives. I really appreciate it!

Back to the knitting portion of this blog. Here is my new selfish knit. The clasica coat by Interweave Knits.

She is something of a celebrity as she graces the cover of the current Interweave Knits magazine. How do I know that this is the 'one' you might ask. Well I already have the back finished. The long rectangle at the top is the center portion of the hood. I am furiously working away on it because I want it done before the cold weather completely commits to my hometown. Not the best shots but it's black which I always have a tough time photographing and I would go outside for better light and better scenery but it is so windy out there I swear Dorothy just blew by so this will have to do for now.


I can't wait to finish it. I can't wait to wear it. So I am going to sign off so I can get some more knitting in. October is almost here and we are still in an Elizabeth Zimmerman knit-along folks, plus those darn bears, so I've got to get a move on. Hope your week is going well!

17 comments:

Jessica September 29, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

What a fun knit for yourself! I can't wait to see it finished. I've taken to knitting in the morning before work-it helps me start of my day on the right 'stitch'!

stitching under oaks September 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Can't wait to see it all done...sounds like a knit you'll be enjoying all winter long.

Renee September 29, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Happy knitting! Looking forward to seeing it done. :)

larissa September 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

well, you weren't procrastinating at all - you were knitting this gorgeous coat! and you are fast. I love that you chose black - a classy color for a clasica coat!

Thea September 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I'm with Larissa - you weren't procrastinating, you just switched projects. And you have a ton of progress to show on this baby (even though it IS impossible to photograph black) as we can all see...

the bears will wait patiently in the back ground.

sheepish one September 29, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

oh, for goodness sake! that coat will rock in all black!! keep on knitting, friend!

Chris September 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

I'm happy you're in my 'virtual knitting circle', too! I do have a group that meets at my LYS but I hardly ever get to go because of all the other stuff going on around here. It's so great to have this online community.

That is going to be a gorgeous sweater. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Woolly Stuff September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

that coat looks lovely & cosy! I still haven't had much time to knit at all, except a scarf for R's bday, so I'm glad I at least have a bit of time to read about knitting, even if I don't get to do it myself :)

MadMad September 30, 2009 at 3:45 AM  

Oh, I love that pattern, too! (Actually, there were a bunch in that issue that I'm dying to make!) Can't wait to see it on you!

Christina Scovel September 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Wow - coming along nicely. I'm sure it will be perfect once you finish it up!

affectioknit September 30, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

I can't wait to see the finished coat!

Yarnhog September 30, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

When I was in law school, my house was always spotless...especially when I had a paper due or right before finals. I here you on the procrastination=productivity.

Unknown September 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Oh my gosh, I love that! May have to put that on my long list of must knits in my lifetime!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: September 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Peeps :) That makes me laugh!

I hadn't seen and do now love the classic cardigan - it is going to be so warm and wonderful to wear. I'll try not to have sour grapes because I have a knit cardigan/coat that is a horrible pattern that I waffle about frogging yet I'm already so far along.... so I'm having to work to be gracious here - LOL

Kristyn Knits September 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

how fun! a knit for you!!
can't wait to see your progress. enjoy the process. that reminds me...I've been procrastinating a little on my FLS...have to get on that!

Mary October 5, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Oh, that is going to be beautiful!

Ally Jay October 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

I'm sure it's going to look fabulous.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP