Long lazy summer days

>> Saturday, July 25, 2009

Umm....it's been awhile. I have regressed I'm afraid to my childhood of long lazy summer days. There are so many things I want to share and I have been reading all of your blogs out there but somehow I haven't managed to wrestle up enough energy to comment let alone create a new post. My only excuse is this is the first summer since 2003 that I haven't been pregnant, nursing, or had someone too small to really enjoy all that summer has to offer. I have been making the most of it and making up for lost time this summer.

Last summer I got very annoyed with people who seemed to disappear with only a few posts during the summer months. I thought, how hard is it really to just keep up with your blog? Well my friends I am finding it very hard :). The temp here has finally hit the triple digits and so that means our afternoons are finding us hunkered down inside working on projects, watching movies, and getting out of the heat. My shawl? Well it hasn't even been started. I finally got a ball winder and have the yarn all wound, baby steps people, baby steps.

There has been some knitting and a little sewing. I made up this purse in minutes the other morning.
My daughter asked if we could do something together, so I let her cut the fabric and sit in my lap and help me feed the fabric through the machine. The "handles" we found in a toy bin in the bottom of her closet. Just some plastic heart bracelets she had.
I apologize for the brief post and the fact that I haven't been checking in but my lazy days are over and I miss catching up with all of you. I have some finished knitting to share and other stories but right now I am late getting the kids packed up to go camping for the weekend. I will check back with you Monday morning and see how things are with you. Thanks for hanging in there and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and are enjoying your summer as well!!

17 comments:

affectioknit July 25, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

What a fun and super cute Mommy/daughter project...

Kathy... July 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Sounds like a great summer! Cute little purse.....just perfect for a little girl.

knithound brooklyn July 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Lucky you, to enjoy summer like a kid. I long for those days.

Renee July 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

What a great mom/daughter sewing project. It's making more than a purse, it's making lovely memories.
Enjoy camping and lots more long lazy summer days. :)

Yarnhog July 25, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Cute purse! I'm sure she'll always remember that project.

Pom Pom July 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Welcome back! I love the little, pink purse you made. I don't blame you for wanting a real summer - you deserve it, good mommy.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: July 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Everyone needs a break in routine ~ I'm so pleased to hear you are having an enjoyable lazy Summer!

Such a sweet purse!

Jessica July 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I find it hard to keep my routines in the summer months even when I am working through the summer (like this one). I do enjoy days when it is toasty since it is a good excuse to work on a project--I love that bag!

Haley July 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

glad you are enjoying your summer with your children. enjoyed taking a moment and catching up on your blog.

stitching under oaks July 26, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

so glad you're getting caught up on all the fun summer things that really matter! Keep enjoying yourself! That purse is so cute. How smart to use those heart bracelets as handles!

Ally Jay July 26, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

The bag is utterly adorable. What a great thing to do together

Anna July 27, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

No need to apologise! I quite like thinking of people just relaxing and enjoying the summer as their blog posts slow down. I love the purse, it's too cute!

Gigi July 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

What a sweet little purse! You're such a good & patient mom to be teaching your little one to sew already.
Enjoy your summer & no guilt about posting. You've just got your priorities right ;-).
Blessings,
G

Cinnamonamon July 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

My summer blogging is pretty light too...love the purse! And I bought those exact same bracelets for my friend's daughter just yesterday. :)

Kristyn Knits July 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

love your new header!!
looks like just the place to spend summer days. you don't have to keep up with anyone. I've also given myself permission to take it slow this summer. so go enjoy another day!

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

cute little purse. summer is one of those times when if possible to break from routine. sounds like you are taking advantage of all summer has to offer:)

joanne wardle July 30, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

what a fabulous idea!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP