Yikes, it's already July

>> Thursday, July 2, 2009

I totally took a hiatus from all things blog related. I just jumped right into summer with both feet and in my down time I was mostly cooling off and not really knitting. We have been soaking up all things sun and trying to be as adventurous as possible. Mind you my kids are little and my tolerance for melt downs hasn't been high lately so our idea of adventure might differ a bit from yours :)

I am still trying to figure out that delicate balance that we all do, between work, family, friends, household chores, and enjoying the great outdoors. We have done some beach time at our favorite beach...
We have done some picnics up in the forest....I made these scones yesterday morning for breakfast....

and some more time at the beach, notice not any knitting anywhere.

July for my EZ knit a long is a shawl. I'll admit it, I'm a little bit afraid of this project. I have a pattern complete with yarn and needles all waiting for me and I haven't touched it (sigh). I am however casting on for this in the hopes that I can use it this summer at the farmer's market and even collecting veggies in my backyard. Fear not though I will not abandon ship this early in the knit-a-long and as soon as my little bag is finished I'll start the shawl.

Now I must go and catch up with all of you and see what you are working on!



I forgot here are some links for free shawl patterns. Silky alpaca lace shawl, aeolian shawl, shipwreck, floral fanasy shawl, bloom, laminaria, jerry, leaves and waves, nicky, ella, zeta, spanish dancer, josephina, Cold Mountain, patricia, tri-aran-angle, dagmar, maja, & jeanie. Hopefully these will give you a headstart!

19 comments:

Chris July 2, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

July is definitely the time for "down time". Yours sounds very relaxing. I told myself I wouldn't get drawn into a KAL this month but you and EZ are hard to resist. Hmmmm. Shawls. I will have to check my queue and stash...I also have a big road trip planned, so lots of potential car knitting time!

Jessica July 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

When the blueberries come in, those scones are the first things I am going to make. That beach and scenery is so peaceful!

Yarnhog July 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

It looks like you've been making the most of your summer! This is the first summer since they were little that my kids haven't gone to day camp. They didn't want to go and I didn't want to spend the money. Instead, we've been swimming, fishing, going to the beach, spent time at the Science Center, the Natural History Museum, and the water park, and done homework and music study every day. I won't say it's been easy, but it's been so much better than I was dreading!

Pom Pom July 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Hi At Home Mommy!
It sounds like you are having a wonderful summer! Picnics, sand digs, and meltdowns - these ingredients compose real life. It's good!

Annie July 3, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

I've been looking for a market bag to knit. I like that one!
I need to pick up my needles too :)
Have a fun summer!

Gigi July 3, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Sounds like you & your kiddos are having a great time! You must live in a beautiful place -- mountains & a gorgeous beach too I'm envious.
Thanks so much for sharing all the shawl patterns -- all good. How in the world are you going to pick just one? I can't wait to see which one it is.
Blessing to you all,
G

The Wooly Wumpus July 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

I think I want your life!

stitching under oaks July 3, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

looks like your summer is going along just beautifully! glad you're having a great time!

Sam July 4, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Ooh looks like you are having a lovely time. That's a great 'market bag' pattern, I'm thinking I could do with something like that for farmer's markets too.

Larissa July 4, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

everything looks so good. thank you for the link to the scones recipe - we will defintely try it. The diagonal tote is on my list too but I may have to live vicariously through you!

Jackie July 6, 2009 at 1:19 AM  

July seems to link with Summer, and makes one think of outdoors fun. thanks for sharing the pics.

Alison July 6, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

Enjoying the summer is definitely the more important thing!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: July 6, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Looks like a perfect Summer is under way! Picnics are my favorite activity - ever - and for my birthday I always want to go on a picnic.

Fear not a shawl. Easy peasy and once you start you will be hooked!

MadMad July 10, 2009 at 3:55 AM  

Yum.... those scones look delicious! And which shawl are you making?

Philigry July 10, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

oh, that breakfast looks so good! don't you just love summer?

Woolly Stuff July 11, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

summer looks lovely! we had a few weeks of it here in London, but now it's gone back to feeling like early spring or... gulp... early autumn...

Kristyn Knits July 20, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

sounds like you're focusing on THE MOST IMPORTANT things this summer. go make some more memories!

Mary July 23, 2009 at 5:03 AM  

I hope you are enjoying your summer! Those scones look delicious. Thanks for all the free pattern links! :D

Hadley Makes July 23, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Your scones look SO good! I made some the other day and they were just strange ;)

If only I didn't have so much going on, I'd jump on that EZ knitalong train!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP