Mother's Day & mitts

>> Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you are having a wonderful day full of whatever you want! Yesterday we had to go to a wedding in Napa for my cousin, we had to go to the wine country I know lucky us. It was beautiful and fun but it was 4 hours there and four hours back and with a two year old and a four year old it was a long day. We didn't stay because I didn't want to spend half my mother's day driving home so we did the quick turnaround and woke up in our own beds this morning. Today we are going to spend in the backyard puttering around and just relaxing. My parents, sister, and brother-in-law will be here for dinner tonight (which is already made YEAH!) and there will be cocktails and some more outside play ;)

Here is my latest mitt. These are The Breakfast Mitt (link-free pattern).

I knit them up in Berocco Ultra Alpaca. I omitted the wrist wrap with the button out of laziness. I didn't have any buttons on hand and I wanted to have them finished and not languishing in a basket somewhere as they would have if I waited until I purchased buttons.
I love them. They are warm and comfortable and will be perfect for camping this summer and also this winter too. It was funny to me that I was taking photographs of wool mitts in 85 degrees but I will be so happy when the first cold day hits me this fall and I have these all ready to go. I haven't been knitting that long (let alone knitting things I would actually use) so I don't have a large stockpile of mitts. This May mitt knitting is perfect. I can't wait to see what other mitt patterns are out there that you are working on!

Since today is mother's day and tomorrow is my birthday I am planning on some available free-time (daddy on duty) to finish up some more mitts this week so stay tuned.

17 comments:

Chris May 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

They're beautiful! Good job! And Happy Birthday tomorrow. It's my husband's birthday tomorrow as well, so while we eat cake I'll think of you.

Thea May 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

the mitts are lovely - that ultra alpaca is amazing, isn't it?? enjoy dinner and cocktails tonight and happy birthday!! Thea


HAD to go to Napa, poor you. I miss having Napa in my backyard :-(

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: May 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Happy Mother's Day! It sounds like you had a lovely day planned.

Napa is a beautiful spot to visit ~ I hope you had time to stop and pick up a bottle of wine :)

I keep hearing good things about the ultra alpaca. Your mitts look fantastic and will be super cozy!

Mary May 11, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Beuatiful mitts! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday!

Kristyn Knits May 11, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

good for you for changing the pattern (omitting the buttons) to meet your needs and get them finished your way!
Happy Birthday!

Philigry May 11, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

love the mitts. hope you had a great mother's day!

Anonymous May 11, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Love the mitts - such a pretty colour! And Happy Mother's Day for yesterday!

Jessica May 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Those mitts are great. I've decided this year everyone is getting mitts for the holidays!

Alisha May 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Great mitts...is there a link to the pattern that isn't on Ralvery? I refuse to sign up for Ralvery...I do not need another thing to suck me in LOL

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!

stitching under oaks May 12, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

I hadn't seen that pattern. It looks lovely in that colorway. You did a beautiful job. Happy Mother's day and Happy Birthday to YOU!

Hadley Makes May 12, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

85 degrees already! Whew!

Happy Mother's Day! Your mitts are lovely.

Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

those mitts are gorgeous!!

hope you had a lovely birthday and mothers day :)

Ann May 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Lovely mitts & I do like them with the buttons.

amanda May 17, 2009 at 3:37 AM  

Sounds like you had the makings of a fab Mmother's Day!

I'm craving some wintry mini knits too!

TLCknits May 18, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Beautiful mitts!!!! Napa!!! Lucky you!!!I would LOVE to go to Napa..

Woolly Stuff May 18, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

lovely mitts - and as it's gone back to being winter here in London, I am looking at your mitts longingly...

Vital Temptation June 2, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Beautiful job!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP