Baby hat & mitts

>> Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am so glad that so many of you are excited about the knit-a-long. I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying myself. I tend to collect patterns, magazines, books, print-outs, and electronic files on my computer. It was great to thumb through all of them and pull out the mitt patterns for this month (it was also go to do a little purging). I can't wait to see what other great patterns are out there when you post your finished off photos.

Here is my new go-to baby girl hat. It is the berry berry baby hat (free pattern). I used Bernat Bamboo in pink for the bottom of the hat and Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic cotton in Green for the leaf top. Personally I haven't found anything softer then the Bernat bamboo yarn. I use it for baby hats almost exclusively.
Now since this month is really about the mitts I knit up some little mitts to match the hat. I used this pattern (another freebie) and just adjusted the size a bit. Too cute. Bamboo might not be as warm as wool but this baby will only be small for the spring and summer so I think I can get away with it :)
My friend's baby came along four weeks early (everyone is happy and healthy) and I might have been not quite ready for her. I popped in this movie and cast on for the hat. By the time the movie was finished so was I. I am going to add a few books and drop the gift off this weekend.
I highly recommend this gift for any baby girls. I am still looking around for the perfect baby boy hat. Any suggestions?

16 comments:

Yarnhog May 5, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

If you did that hat in orange, it would be a perfect pumpkin hat for a fall baby of either sex.

sweetp May 5, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

sooooooooo cute!

Chris May 6, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Very cute! My cousin had a baby boy a few months ago and I made this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/21123883@N03/2904007592/

which is a free pattern from Helloyarn:
http://www.helloyarn.com/topdownbonnet.htm

I love knitting for babies!

stitching under oaks May 6, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

that is adorable. your friend is going to swoon when she sees that sweet little set. my favorite baby boy hat is the simple baby hat by Susan B. Anderson...I've done it in stripes and I added a top knot to make it a bit more interesting. It's on my Ravelry page..http://www.ravelry.com/projects/LisaQuick. Baby hats and mitts are the best.

Two Cables and a Frapp May 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Absolutely adorable !!!

sheepish one May 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

i love baby hats!!
my favorite ever is the upside down daisy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheepishone/2142017250/in/set-72157600798466579/

and i had always planned on knitting gavin the rainbow marley from susan b. anderson's first baby book, but never did. what i always keep on queue for boys is the seaman's cap

http://www.needlebeetle.com/free/seacap.htm

i've made striped ones, solid ones, baby ones, toddler ones... you get the picture!

Kristyn Knits May 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

adorable set!
I'm with lisa- susan b. anderson's simple baby cap with the added knot at the top. super easy and super quick!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristynknits/3343369298/in/set-72157612165464247/

Woolly Stuff May 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM  

Those are so cute!

Philigry May 8, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

oh, i love this set. i need to make one! so cute in the pink.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: May 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Soooo cute! I'll have to remember that one next time I need a baby hat :)

Jackie May 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Aww..this is a very lovely baby set gifts.

Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day, enjoys !!

Alisha May 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

How cute is that hat! I love it.

Annie May 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

How sweet is that!!
I hope to join you on the knit-a-long. Mittens? hmmm I may just have to sew a felted pair since that has been in my queue for some time now. I'll knit June's theme.

Happy Mother's Day!

Jodi May 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Super cute! I need to get cracking on some baby knits for all my pregnant friends. I like the Norwegian baby hat from Hello Yarn, too.

Vital Temptation June 2, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Very cute!

Unknown October 28, 2015 at 5:59 AM  

黑蒜
黑蒜功效
黑蒜沖泡飲
黑蒜粒
黑蒜飲

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP