The gift

>> Monday, December 15, 2008

I want to thank everyone for all their lovely suggestions on what to get my little one's preschool teacher. I decided to go with the bath mitt after I found a skein of sugar and cream cotton in a peppermint coloring.

I hunted through the stores from some fancy soap :) We found this one that is vanilla and blackberry and smells divine.

The pattern is free here and you can ravel it here. I followed the directions exactly as laid out and wish I hadn't. You knit it flat and then seam up the thumb and the mitt. I don't enjoy seaming (have yet to meet a knitter who does) and after all the mitts I made for my advent calendar I think I could have easily sewn this all up in the round. Oh well, next time. Other then that small complaint it was a super easy knit and very fast (both good things when knitting a gift).

I have a few more finished projects and if I can manage to get my camera and actually photograph them then I will share them with you. Hope your Christmas prep is going well!

6 comments:

Unknown December 15, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

I only like sewing the seams up as that means you are near the end of/nearly finished another knitted project ;-)

Renee December 15, 2008 at 5:21 PM  

What a great gift! Nope, not keen on seaming either if I can avoid it.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Ally Jay December 15, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

I bet the soap smells divine. Great gift. I don't mind sewing up now I've discovered mattress stitch.

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 3:23 AM  

She will love it! Lovely Christmassy candy cane colours too!

Mary December 16, 2008 at 4:47 AM  

Oh, what a wonderful gift! Who wouldn't love that? Nicely done!

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

That's a lovely present! I do washcloths and fancy soap for gifts, but I hadn't thought of doing a mit before - what a good idea! I'm with you on the seams though...

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP