Shrug

>> Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First off I want to thank everyone for all the help with Millie . I got so frustrated with it that I made notes from your comments, muddled through and figured out how to do the increases into the panel and then put the whole project in a bag in the corner of my closet. As Suzanne would say, I put the project in time out :).

While Millie has been waiting for me I picked up some yarn and knit up this shrug. I wanted/craved something fairly mindless, stockinette stitch was preferable. This pattern kind of snuck up on me. It fit all the criteria, it wasn't too big, it wasn't too small, in short to channel my inner Goldilocks it was just right :).

The Streakers Shrug is the first knit garment that I have made for myself that ever saw the light of day so to speak. I've knit hats and scarves that venture out into the public eye but never a garment.
I think what first caught my eye about this shrug was the length. I am not someone who would ever wear a short mid-chest shrug because I have broad shoulders and since having my two babes I don't have a mid-section that I necessarily want to draw attention to. It wears more like a small jacket which I like. The second thing that drew me to it were the cuffs. A little lace pattern to make them interesting (the sleeves aren't quite as long as the picture shows).

I used 8 hanks of Berroco Inca Gold in Granate. Love the yarn! It is warm from the wool but the silk makes a nice sheen and drape to the yarn. Would definitely use it again.
I would have liked some better pictures to show it off to you but after an hour in the yard with the camera on a timer and not getting any pictures worth showing these will have to do.
Now I'm going to go get Millie out of seclusion and finish her up!

11 comments:

sweetp October 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

love the sleeve detailing, I'm not a short shrug fan either. I did make the 1 skein one but have never worn it lol. Love the colour of that yarn!

Mary October 21, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

The shrug looks fantastic. I love the color and the sleeve detail!

sheepish one October 21, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

everything that sweetp said!
that sleeve is gorgeous, and the color is perfect! beautiful work.

Cloudberry October 21, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

It's beautiful and I love the sleeves.

olivia October 22, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

That came out sooo cute! That color is perfect for you.

Philigry October 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

that is fantastic! i love it! great job.

Kathy... October 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

Your sweater/shrug is just gorgeous! I love the sleeve detail. Very VERY nice work!!!

a friend to knit with October 23, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

love the color. love the sleeves. love. love.

Jane October 23, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

So cute! Love that color!

Knitterella October 23, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Oh it's beautiful! Love it! The color is so rick too - gorgeous!

katie lore October 28, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

Gorgeous colour! The sleeve detail is simply beautiful. Well done!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP