I have a question

>> Friday, October 10, 2008

Before we get to the posting part of this post I have a question. I need some help....

Here is a passage from the pattern for Millie on the sleeve portion.

"inc 1 st at each end of 3rd and 4 foll 4th rows, working inc sts into Panel D, then on every foll 5th row until there are 75 sts"
??????What the heck does the part in red mean? After that I understand that I work the increases in Panel D every 5th row until the desired stitch limit of 75. Right? What am I doing until that? Increase one stitch the third and fourth rows and then each additional fourth row and then when exactly do I switch to the fifth row? Anyone? Please leave a comment if you have any ideas, directions, tips, anything. I have already found one error in this pattern that took an embarrassingly long time to realize was a pattern mistake not my mistake but I am truly stumped on this one. The Debbie Bliss website has no contact information and there aren't any pattern corrections for this pattern. I contacted the company who I got the pattern from and they said I needed to contact the Debbie Bliss Company. So I am at an impasse and I now look to anyone who may have an idea, tip, or trick.

Anyway....

Today instead of posting a long overdue post about my swap with Viv, I am going to show a haunted cookie house my daughter and I worked on today.

Every Christmas when I was growing up my siblings and I together with our aunt would make a gingerbread house. I have continued this tradition with my daughter every Christmas. I thought it would be fun to make a haunted cookie house for Halloween.

Now you may be asking why haven't I posted my swap photos yet. Well I was going to go outside today and take some photos with all the lovely colors of fall as a background. Everyone has been blogging about all the things they love about autumn and I whole heartedly agree. The picture outside my house though is a bit confused. Mother Nature decided to have a little bit of fun because right now as I type this it is snowing outside. Not just a powdered sugar kind of dusting but a, the ground is covered with an inch of white kind of snowing.
What the %$#*?
Since this photo was taken the truck and street are completely covered.
Here are some of my sad little tomato's....
My four-year old daughter's reasoning for this early snow storm is that Santa is thinking really hard about Christmas so he sent us some snow, I kind of like that rationale :)
So instead of knitting I give you a haunted house and mother nature. Darn, I guess I'll have to play in the snow with my kids and then curl up by the fire with some hot tea and knitting this afternoon :).

P.S. It is supposed to be back up to the mid seventies by Monday.....hopefully I can get some good pictures by then. Have a good weekend.

11 comments:

Annie October 10, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

I hope they contact you because that looks goofy. Must be an error. Have you tried to figure it out on paper? Enjoy the snow but please don't send it here. I'm not ready yet :)

Anonymous October 10, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

I would assume it means to increase on the next third row, and then on the four following 4th rows after that. It is strangely written though. Debbie Bliss patterns are weird, I have had my own issues with one!

sweetp October 10, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

I am really looking forward to seeing your swap!

To me the pattern is saying increase on row 3 (third row) 7,11,15,19 (next 4th row 4 times) then 25 (next 5th row) then 30 etc. I would check that makes sense with your pattern and your garment though. HTH

Jane October 12, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

Holy cow! SNOW! It's 75 degrees here today...Usually we have the snow by now!

Kathy... October 13, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

What a great idea...a Haunted house! I think I will do that with my grandson as he gets older. The gingerbread house was fun with my kids, but a haunted house would be a little more unique. Thanks for the great idea!

I hope you enjoy your snow. I am so anxious for fall/winter to come. It has been in the 80's here. WAY over the norm!

Anonymous October 13, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

Pictures of snow already??!!!??! Wowsers! I hope you figured out your pattern.

Jessica October 13, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Knitting patterns written like that always follow with a phone call to grammie! And I'm secretly looking forward to a little bit of that white stuff!

Philigry October 14, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

oh lord! snow! that cake looks great.

Anonymous October 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

Snow already? Where do you live that you already have snow? I thought it was bad here in Wisconsin, but we won't have snow for a while.

Denise October 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

I take that as meaning inc on the 3rd row then every 4th row after that for 4 times. So you inc on row 3, then 7, 11, 15 and 19 then on the 5th row after that which would be row 24
(same as what sweetp said but I make it row 24 not 25).
Hope that helps.
I can't believe you have snow, we are still in the 80's here!!!

Mary October 14, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

I love the haunted cookie house. It is so cute!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP