A Knitting Hiatus

>> Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have been taking a break from knitting in order to better acquaint myself with a new (well new to me) sewing machine. A woman my mother works with had this old sewing machine and since she has hardly ever used it she gave it to me. It has this fantastic table it came with that hides the sewing machine beautifully when not in use.

She still had the original book it came with and when I looked......the machine is older than me :)

I have been making Halloween costumes for my little ones and between dress-up birthday parties, Halloween parties, school parties, and the real deal on Friday they have/will get a lot of wear I'm sure.

Here is "tinker bell". She wanted purple so we did purple, I wanted to ensure warmth while trick-or-treating so she has pants instead of the tinker bell short dress.

I did not make the skirt or wings, they were purchased at a craft fair. I made the body using
McCall's pattern M5732. She seemed very pleased with it this morning when we put it on for school. She was "flying" around the front yard.

My son will be Elmo from Sesame Street, pictures of that costume later.

My kis are little and can't participate that much in pumpkin carving. So as not to leave them out we had a different kind of pumpking carving. Armed with pipe cleaners, stickers, googly eyes, and more the kids decorated their pumpkins and had a blast.



Cute huh? Love Halloween....

10 comments:

sweetp October 29, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Love the tinkerbell!! WEll done

Annie October 29, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

Awwww! what a sweet tinker :)Have fun sewing with your new machine!

Cloudberry October 29, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

She looks adorable in her tinkerbell dress!

Ally Jay October 30, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

Great outfit, hope they have lots of fun.

Mary October 30, 2008 at 4:50 AM  

So cute - everything! Hope the kids have a great time!

Renee October 30, 2008 at 5:59 AM  

What a wonderful Tinkerbell costume! You're very talented with your new sewing machine.
Great job on the pumpkins, give your kids a high five from me.
Happy Halloween!

Philigry October 30, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

so cute! i love those pumpkins!

a friend to knit with October 31, 2008 at 3:18 AM  

oh! i love making halloween costumes!
you did a fabulous job.
have a wonderful day!

Yarnhog November 1, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

You've got an award! Drop by my blog. :)

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 5:17 AM  

I really need to get my head round this sewing think! I feel I'm missing out on something! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP