Too much

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So as the last post verified I have way too many knits on the needles so to speak. A sweater here a sweater there, frankly there are sweaters everywhere. This being said I only have inches left on my pullover and then some seaming and I'm finished. Am I quickly finishing it up then? No, I am not. I am perusing patterns on the Internet as if my life depended on it. Those of you with small children know that the few minutes/hours (depending) a child spends napping are precious and shouldn't be squandered. Maybe you want to take a LONG hot shower and spend time just lotioning and primping and such. Or maybe you have a backed up TIVO and want to veg out with some TV. Gardening, housework, reading, or in my case I should do some knitting. After all I have enough queued up on and off the needles. But alas I cozy up to my laptop with a cup of tea and start browsing knit patterns.



I just can't seem to find "just the right" pattern for myself. I found the Henley for my husband, next up for him the Cobblestone Pullover but I can't think about that now. I found this pattern for my daughter and have the yarn and everything waiting....isn't it adorable?



I have another Debbie Bliss pattern that I can't find a link or picture to share with you for my son.

I found this cardigan that I like because it's different and I have some Berrocco Ultra Alpaca I can use for it. I also have two others I'm courting so who knows which one will make the cut.
Frankly I just don't know if I can be faithful to my knitting projects. I have lost my lust for the pullover. I don't like the yarn, I don't like how it is looking on me so far. So it sits in a bag in the corner of my room, almost finished, in pieces. How sad....
I hear a teething toddler gently calling (or screaming)for me to come and get him from his nap so bye for now. Maybe I'll get the energy together to finish that darn pullover so I won't feel so guilty about the rest of these projects :).

9 comments:

sheepish one September 23, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

i completely understand. i have wips calling my name, too, but none are quite alluring enough for me to stop whatever else it is i'm doing and go knit. my knitting affair may have cooled a bit now that school has started...
that green sweater coat really IS adorable! and the drops cardigan is lovely, too! whichever one wins will be fun, and will certainly have its own honeymoon period!

Yarnhog September 23, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

I love that girls' sweater coat! So cute!

Ally Jay September 23, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

Be strong, you can ignore them. Refuse to give in to the guilt. Knitting is meant to be enjoyable. Frog it, or forget it and move on to something that fills you with excitement. Life is way too short.
Or queue them up on ravelry and aim to live to 235 at least to get them all done.

Mary September 24, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

I understand too! I'm in a bit of a rut myself. Nothing is calling me to be knit. I'm just waiting to be inspired again. I hope it happens soon. I really love having a project to work on.

Denise September 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

ooh I love that sweater for your daughter, love the cables in it. I always have way too many things on the needles, and right now they're all in hibernation while I get some gift knitting done for the kiddies!

Knitterella September 25, 2008 at 3:58 AM  

I certainly can relate! Not to the baby thing (not yet) but to the knitting thing. It is very hard for me to stay faithful to just one knitting project. Especially with all the great patterns out there. I like the picks you found!

Philigry September 25, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

i do the same thing! i love both things. can't wait to see them.

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Oh how I know the feeling of almost done projects calling my name! haha...Can't wait to see the finished product. And all of the patterns you have chosen are gorgeous, they look so hard! I hope to someday be at that level. :)

Cloudberry September 28, 2008 at 4:25 AM  

The Debbie Bliss coat is beautiful.
Are you knitting it inthe same green colour?

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP