Another ruffled scarf and some A.D.D.

>> Thursday, September 18, 2008

So here's the scoop. Remember the relaxed pullover I was going to work on? Well I started working on it and got the body finished.




Then I realized that my best friends birthday is this coming up weekend and I wanted to make her a ruffled scarf. So I stopped the pullover and started the scarf. Here it is...


I think she'll like it. I'm going to wrap it around the rest of her present like ribbon.





Now before we finish this post I wanted to show you the WIP of a sweater I'm knitting for my husband. If it turns out then I will surprise him with it when it's finished. I've just been working on the body of it when he's not at home.




It is a textured garter knit according to the pattern.
My gauge is spot on, I have been checking it pretty much every row, every inch, you name it and I have my trusty, handy, tape measure out. Of course I realize it really isn't that big of an achievement to get my gauge correct. It just proves that I can add 1 +1 and =2 and that I can actually read and follow directions :). So before I sign off I want to remind you all that I am still working on an aran afghan and the 'catch the wave' afghan. Besides all that I just got some fantastic yarn in the mail to knit my daughter an absolutely adorable cardigan and I also got some yarn for myself to knit a cardigan and (are you laughing yet) I got some more yarn for a jacket for my son. This of course doesn't take into consideration how many other projects I have queued up on my brain. They keep me up at night. I realize that October is just around the corner and with that comes costume sewing and trips to Apple Hill and oh the list goes on. I also still have to post pictures of the knits I made for my swap, I wonder how long it takes for something to get to New Zealand.....



I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and thanks for all the compliments on the ladybug party and for playing along with the meme.

7 comments:

Yarnhog September 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

I love the scarf! I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

Your projects sound like mine, only my project planning (and associated yarn buying) passed me by long ago and now I'm drowning in yarn for projects I've already completed in my head!

Annie September 18, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

We suffer from MPS. (Multiple Project Syndrome) :)
Good luck with all of your projects. My list keeps growing as well as the stash.

Ally Jay September 19, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

Just wanted to say what beautiful words you left for knitter Gal.

affectioknit2 September 20, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

Wow! That's a lot of knitting! It all looks gorgeous!

Tilly September 20, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

You sound like me - so much yarn yet I still buy more! (I did this meme last week too).

Philigry September 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

oh! love all the knitting going on! i think it is best to work on something you are really into!

Anonymous September 22, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

Lucky friend to get that scarf, it's lovely! Lucky hubby too. My hubby hopes that one day I'll start a pair of heavy wool socks for him for this winter, poor guy.

Thanks for the compliment on my Drops jacket!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP