Dangerous Cake and a WIP

>> Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My mother came across this recipe (I think it is making the rounds on email) and passed it along to me. I am in turn passing it on to all of you. It is perfect I think for an after school snack for little people or if you are just having a hankering for chocolate and don't want to make a whole cake (let's be honest sometimes we just can't wait that long for a craving)...

Here is a recipe for 5 minute chocolate cake.
4 T flour : 4 T sugar : 2 T baking cocoa: 1 egg: 3 T milk: 3 T oil: 3 T chocolate chips (optional):
a small splash of vanilla essence: 1 coffee mug
Put dry ingredients in coffee mug and mix well: Add the egg and mix thoroughly: Pour in the milk and oil and mix well: Add the chocolate chips and vanilla essence and mix again:
Microwave for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Enjoy!

Our notes.....little hands had fun mixing it up....

There might not have been any mixing beaters to lick but the spoon did quite nicely...


We just popped it in the microwave for 3 minutes and hoped for the best (I have no idea how many watts my microwave cooks at, or how to set it for that matter) It might not look done but it is (mine didn't rise over the top of the mug but I'm pretty sure the fact that I have large can't get enough coffee mugs is the problem, not the recipe)...

We inverted it on a plate and since it wasn't very pretty who doesn't love a little powdered sugar sprinkled over the top?


I have to say it was good....but why is it dangerous you ask? Well now we are only minutes away from chocolate cake :).




On to the WIP. Well I have been working on Millie for the last few days and I am a little over halfway done with the back. There is A LOT going on with this little pattern. Multiple panels with all different stitches and each panel is repeated differently so I have multiple row counters going just to keep up. This is not a pattern I recommend for multi-tasking. No TV watching and knitting, or talking with my husband while knitting. Maybe it's just me but I need to concentrate with this sucker.

It looks pretty good so far. I placed stitch markers to help keep track of which panel I'm working on so I don't have to keep counting stitches.

No, that isn't a random blue stripe in my knitting, I put in a life line. I read about them recently and I have already used it once. Every couple of inches I run a piece of scrap yarn through my stitches so if I have to tear it out and fix a mistake I don't have to worry about really losing my way and ripping out a lot. I don't know about any of you but I can get all tangled up with my cables if I start tearing out rows. Was this a twisted stitch, or if it was originally crossing this way or that way. With my lifeline if I get too confused I can go back to a place that I KNOW is mistake free.

I hope I can finish this up quickly because I really would like her to be able to wear it this fall. We shall see.....

7 comments:

Kathy... October 1, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Love the new sweater! I really like cables like that - both to wear and to knit. It never gets boring!

The cake is a wonderful recipe - a great one for making memories!

katie lore October 1, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

Whoa, gotta try that recipe! I love your sweater too.. that's such a great colour!

knithound brooklyn October 2, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Gorgeous green for the sweater. I had to skip the recipe so I wouldn't be tempted!

Annie October 5, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

That dangerous cake recipe hit my email and I was wondering how it would turn out. Looks very tempting!
Good idea to run a life line; I would too!

Philigry October 6, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

oh my lord! the sweater is going to be so beautiful! i just love it.
those cakes look so yummy too! i just may have to try one! or five!

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

Hey, I made a similar Debbie Bliss pattern for my daughter a while ago and she asked for another one. I think it's cute. DB kids designs are my favourite!

Woolly Stuff October 9, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

those little chocolate-y things look amazing...

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP