Ladybug party

>> Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ladybugs! Lots and lots of ladybugs! We had my daughter's fourth birthday party this weekend. Whoo...I could really use some time off. Funny how only two hours can require so much prep and be so tiring, but also so worth it. First off here is a picture of the cake.




A few years ago I picked up a magazine with different birthday themes with cakes and so this is a replica of the ladybug cake from the magazine. Cute, no?
We made ladybugs for all over the house and played 'pin the spot on the ladybug'. For the goody bags I used the tutorial from here and made these goody bags.


The best part? Besides the fact that they only took a little over an hour to make, and that they were ladybugs, the best part was the fact that all the ladybugs had four dots (fourth birthday).



One last thing to share. I ordered blank puzzles from bare books and as a craft at the party the kids colored and essentially created their own puzzles. Big hit!

Lots of food eaten, lots of running around and playing, and lots of ladybugs.

9 comments:

sweetp September 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM  

Oh what a great cake. DD's birthday this month, she told me she wanted a black cake....black!!??!! So I managed to talk her round to a bumble bee (with black stripes)....might use your cake for inspiration :D

Happy Birthday to your DD

Jane September 8, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Looks like everything went off without a hitch! Happy birthday to your little one!

Philigry September 8, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

looks so great. you out so much work into the party. what a lucky girl!

Mary September 11, 2008 at 4:29 AM  

That is a totaly adorable cake! I love the theme, and I can't believe those lady bugs had four dots each! It was meant to be.

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 5:25 AM  

looks like it was a great party!
perfect cake.

Kathy... September 11, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

We'll be calling you Martha Stewart from now on! Looks all so terrific, and I bet she was thrilled!!!!!!

Jessica September 13, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

That looks like a great birthday party! That cake is adorable!!

Mary September 15, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

I just tagged you for a meme on my blog!

a friend to knit with September 19, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

oh my gosh. i want to be a little girl. and have someone throw me a ladybug party!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP