Sorry for the time out

>> Monday, April 4, 2011

Hello all and hello spring.  When I was last in this space we had snow and quilts and lots of heavy knits....now we have spring with less blankets on the bed, coats being put away till next year and some smaller knits in the queue.


 I did not mean to take such a long break.  Avery goes to a year round school so instead of one long summer break she gets November off, March off and 6 weeks in the summer.  When she went off track in March I just kind of immersed myself in all things family and turned off my computer.  If I knew that I wouldn't be back for a month I would have checked in or something and left a message (I really appreciate everyone that checked in with me!) but it just kind of happened.  So here I am over a month later with many blogs to read and much to catch up on with all of you. 

I don't have much to share since along with blogging I also closed the door on any grown-up crafting and did all children crafting.  We made rainbows to hang up to try and attract some leprechauns.
We made leprechaun catchers complete with a trail of gold....



Sadly we didn't catch any leprechauns but they left cookies for the kids :)

Last but not least I did finish my slouchy cardigan finally!! 


 The whole sleeve cap issue was easily resolved when I went back and just followed the pattern to the letter.  I had read so many  notes on Ravelry and was all set to have my sleeve cap not fit so I went straight to Ravelry notes.  After many attempts I finally frogged them back completely and just went with the pattern.....they fit perfectly with not one extra stitch.  Finally a sweater that I love to wear all the time and it looks great with jeans or jammies!  I wish all of you a wonderful week and thanks for checking in with me here.  XOXOXO 

11 comments:

Kristyn Knits April 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

Love your new header!! I wish we were having spring temperatures here...we're still cold and rainy and maybe even snowy! your total family immersion sounds just perfect! and that sweater just as wonderful. I need to consider it...is it the pattern Leslie has made a few times? glad to see you!!

The WoodLand School April 4, 2011 at 7:57 PM  

Welcome back and happy spring!

I *adore* your new header and the finished sweater :-)

ColorSlut April 5, 2011 at 6:48 AM  

Missed you! Time outs are good sometimes though.

Leslie April 5, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

Sounds like a lovely break. Love the cardigan!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: April 5, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

Love the new pink flower in your banner - gee - I wonder where Avery got her love of pink????

It's wonderful to turn the computer off and step away for a break and it sounds like a very fun month!

Love your new cardi ~ enjoy :)

Charity April 5, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

It sounds like you had a really nice month. Sometimes the best thing a mom can do is turn off the computer and jump into the kid stuff. :)

Your slouchy cardigan is fabulous! I've been wanting to knit that pattern for ages... yours is very inspiring.

stitching under oaks April 5, 2011 at 4:53 PM  

Love the projects you've been doing solo and with your kiddos...those leprechaun catchers are adorable. I have been wanting to knit the slouchy cardigan. It's a great knit piece. Yours turned out fabulous...and I'm sure you'll get lots of wear out of it this spring. LOVE your new header too! Welcome back...you were missed.

Andi April 6, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

Your blog looks like it had Spring cleaning with your new header. Love it. I think those leprechaun hats are fantastic. I have never heard of them.
Great job on your slouchy cardigan-I especially love the color!
:)

Sam April 9, 2011 at 5:37 AM  

Ooh that is a great sweater and striking colour too xxx

Larissa April 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

SO good to hear from you in this space! But i totally get turning off the computer when the kiddos are home - i do the same. Love your kiddo crafting - the rainbows look wonderful on their doors and the leprechaun catchers are so clever! I always find it so inspiring to create beside the kiddos. Your slouchy cardi looks amazing! I bought the book too solely for this pattern. So good to hear that i can just follow the pattern.

Welcome back - and hope you're enjoying a bit of time to yourself now that the girly is in school!

Dark Rose Knits April 27, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

The finished sweater looks really cute. Did you get the pattern from ravelry? If so can you post the link for it? Would love to knit that one up for myself. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP