What to do

>> Friday, July 9, 2010

It's Friday afternoon and your cardigan is slowly progressing.  You want to do something fun at the bottom in lieu of the 2x2 rib the pattern calls for.  Some pattern perusing online.  Back-issues of Vogue and Interweave Knitting magazines are brought out.  Nothing inspires.  The weekend is coming and all the while you just want to finish something.  Cast on for a project, watch your fingers quickly turn string into garments, and cast off again. A look through the stash and 2 small skeins of yarn are found.  Ravelry, a seriously invaluable resource, is logged into and the advanced search is activated.  Here is my yarn and since I only have 110 yards I need a small project so how about looking up a hat.  Oh and I don't want to have to buy anything either because this is after all just a quick hit of knitting no need to fire up paypal or anything :)

Enter this hat.


A very easy knit.  The pattern can be found here.  I used Rowan Cashsoft Chunky yarn, just under 2 skeins.

So hard to photograph myself....

Have a great weekend.

15 comments:

amy July 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

It's hard to remember the dark ages of pattern-finding before Ravelry!

Nice stash-busting hat!

Thea July 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

perfect!

Kristyn Knits July 9, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

hello beautiful you!
love the just want to cast on and cast off without spending a dime attitude! good for you!!

Anonymous July 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Hey, hi!! Love your hat! Is that the same stitch as your daughter's dress? They're side-by-side on your blog and they look identical!

Have a good weekend!

Renee July 10, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

What a great knit hat!
Happy weekend to you too. :)

MadMad July 10, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

What did we even DO before ravelry, I wanna know?! (Maybe actually KNIT, in my case, but still, you know what I mean. God bless those guys.) Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes - LOVE your cute hat. And YES, I feel exactly the same way: Sometimes these sweaters need a little somethin-somethin' on the side.

Andi July 10, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

I have a love/hate relationship. Love all the patterns, hate that it has caused me to have a million things on the needles. :)
Love the hat-simple and fantastic!
Have a great weekend.

Unknown July 10, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Ravelry is the best.

Jessica July 11, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

I did just the same Ravelry search this morning!

ColorSlut July 12, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

I love hats. So fast and rewarding. This one looks great on you!

Woolly Stuff July 12, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

Very cute! Too hot for knitting over where I am...

Kar July 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

I think it turned out great! Lovely color.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: July 12, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Hey, it sounds like you are a more sophisticated "Raveler" than me - LOL I like your idea and will have to explore that feature. You certainly came up with THE perfect hat!!! It looks great on you and I love the pic of you that shows your eyes :) So pretty.

Knitterella July 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

Cute hat! Love the stitch pattern.

stitching under oaks July 23, 2010 at 5:20 AM  

adorable...thanks for the link...that's my kind of project.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP