July

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010

We are edging towards the end of July and like most of you we are in full summer swing.  I have small whispers going around my head because school will be starting in less than a month and I know that all this relaxed busyness we have been experiencing will go the way of the dodo and in will slide the routine of school.  I have been doing what I can to keep my kids busy and therefore exhausted come evening.  Filling our days with beach time, swimming, park days, library time, baseball games, and camping. 

My washing machine died this week.  I got a quickie 'degree' from the University of Google :) and took my machine apart bit by bit and discovered that the broken bits are deep inside and the parts will cost almost as much as a new machine.   $%#&*^  I was kind of hoping my machine would last longer than 5 1/2 years.  So the laundry is coming down the hall and threatening to take over my family room, our days and nights have been filled and therefore we haven't gotten a new washer and company will be here Saturday.....ahhh.

I don't feel like cooking and so many of our meals have looked like this...


What do you think?  Finger food is always a fave around here and it sure makes cleanup easy. 
This month also marks eight years of marriage for me.....eight years??? How did that happen.  I still feel like I am only 25 or at the very least just a couple of years past.....27 tops.  2 kids, 8 years of marriage, a mortgage, a couple of career changes and a partridge in a peartree :)

Here is where I was for my first wedding anniversary

Not to shabby eh?  This year?  Well we had two stolen hours while the kids were at grandma and grandpa's so we had dinner at a  local brew pub.  Maybe it isn't as glamorous as the eiffel tower but we still had a fun date.  I hope to have finished knitting content soon but until I do I'll be at the pool :)

15 comments:

amy July 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I admit to being jealous about Paris. We still haven't had a proper honeymoon. Some day I'd like to go to Italy with my husband. (We've each been, but not together.)

Happy Anniversary! And bummer on the washing machine. We had a fridge die after not even three years. They just don't make 'em like they used to...

Thea July 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

You know, the brewpub sounds pretty good! We have NO washer dryer right now and I gotta say I"m not a fan. But it IS summer, and the shorts and bathing suits can be worn again and again till we arrive home.

PS = that dinner looks about perfect.

juicyknits July 22, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

Finger food is the right choice for summer. Yummy. I never feel like cooking in this heat.

stitching under oaks July 23, 2010 at 5:19 AM  

Happy Anniversary...Paris, Brew Pub...whereever you are, may you be together and happy. I like your spunk at trying to fix your washing machine. 5 1/2 years doesn't seem like long enough for the money that I'm sure you spent. They just don't make them like they used to. I'm going to steal your dinner idea...finger food is a great favorite around here and sure beats turning on the oven. Enjoy your last weeks of summer.

Kristyn Knits July 23, 2010 at 5:44 AM  

sounds like your making the most of all summer has to offer! Happy Anniversary!! I hope you stolen time is refreshing.

Chris July 23, 2010 at 6:58 AM  

Happy Anniversary! We didn't take an actual honeymoon (maybe when the kids are in college?)but yours sounds awesome. I am totally a fan of finger food. Good try at the washer! That's too bad. It sounds like your summer has been super fun.

ColorSlut July 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Happy anniversary. And dinner at a brew pub is what you can fit in - it is what you need then :) Maybe in a few years it will be back to Paris!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: July 23, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

I love finger food. Try hummus (good source of vegetable protein)as a dip or a spread on crackers.

Congratulations! I'm glad you two are still having fun - that's the key to a happy marriage :)

Anonymous July 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Paris, I'm sure, is magnificent. But there's something kinda charming about "real life," too, don'tcha think?

Kar July 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Happy Anniversary! And many more happy ones to you both. :)

That's the pits about the washer. Things just aren't made well anymore. I'm dealing with looking for a new microwave/vent hood. Piece of junk.

Have fun with the rest of your summer with the kids!

Jessica July 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I can't believe it is almost the end of July. I am not acknowledging it! Congrats on your anniversary. I think the local brewpub sounds like a great time (that's what we hit up last weekend).

affectioknit July 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Happy Anniversary! Finger food is fun!

Larissa July 27, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

So fun catching up with you. Love that you own property on a lake - my dream is to live on one of the creeks around here. And you look absolutely adorable in the hat you knit. Happy Anniversary to you. Sorry about your washing machine - how cool are you for trying to fix it! Enjoy your time at the pool - we'll all share knitting once the kiddos are studying hard at school.

Andi July 31, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

Happy 8 years! You know sometime you can't beat a couple hours away from the kids at a pub.:)
I hope you are having a great weekend!

Imene August 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

We never got to have a honeymoon because instead we moved to the US. We used to live in Paris...So maybe that makes up for it ;o)
Happy anniversary

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP