Bringing back the 80's

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

My daughter has her own sense of style.  At five she doesn't get dressed so much as assemble an outfit.  I love that she has her own ideas about what looks good and what doesn't.  From which hair band she wants to wear to the color of her socks.  A lot of pink and purple.  Very girly and a must have is accessories.  From the time she was very small she would dig underneath my bathroom sink to collect as many ponytail holders as she could.  Then she would sit on the floor and line them up her arm as bracelets.  Mind you she couldn't even say the word bracelet yet but she knew she liked them. 


This affinity for clothes and style did not come from me.  I am very happy in a t-shirt and jeans.  I wear what is comfortable and clean.  My daughter's love for what she wears is definitely something she was born with. 

Yesterday evening she came running outside in her evening outfit.  A sun dress with a small hoodie, pink flip flops and these purple leg warmers. 

She wanted to play soccer and practice kicking the ball into the goal and in her mind the leg warmers were just the thing to finish her "soccer outfit".  Gotta love it!  Spiral Leg Warmers (free pattern).  Hope you're having a nice Sunday!

16 comments:

Chris April 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

My own 5-yr-old daughter would get along really well with yours! Beautiful legwarmers! And I love her dress.

Jessica April 19, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

I am such a fan of leg warmers (every since the 80s!)

stitching under oaks April 19, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

she looks great! Individual style is so important! wonderful leg warmers too.

ColorSlut April 19, 2010 at 6:23 AM  

There is nothing wrong with leg warmers. LOVE THEM! Plus they can work as soccer pads as well :)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: April 19, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

Just precious! How adorable that she loves putting her "look" together. Wait until she can knit ~ she will make some wonderful things!!!!!

affectioknit April 19, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

Sweet pink and purple! Love the leg-warmers!

Amy J April 19, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

Hmm, must be something with the age ;) My 5 yr old saw the pics of your daughter and immediately thought the outfit was "cool" and "can you make me a pair of legwarmers like that?" Love our fashionistas!

Kate (KnitsInClass) April 19, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

I love her sense of style!

Larissa April 20, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Love those leg warmers! Your girly looks wonderful in her soccer outfit - she has a great sense of style!

Unknown April 21, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

I have the same daughter you have. I was a real tom boy as a girl, and my oldest is the girliest of the girly girls. I love it. My worst fear is that she will one day become her cousin who disdains anything very girly.

Ally Jay April 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

The leg warmers look pretty cool.

Tonya Gunn April 25, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Leg warmers are great. It is so much fun watching our children each develop their own tastes and personal style too.

Kristyn Knits April 26, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Adorable! These are the moments to capture and cherish. a stylin' 5 year old!

Imene April 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

My children also seem to have their own sense of style. For the past couple of days they decided to wear a different sock color on each foot. This should make laundry even more interesting

Renee April 29, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

I'm with her on the leg warmers, definitely finish her hip soccer outfit. My daughter was the same at her age - and still is now... she'll be 16 in a month.
Fun!

Unknown October 28, 2015 at 5:59 AM  

黑蒜
黑蒜功效
黑蒜沖泡飲
黑蒜粒
黑蒜飲

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP